Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to fishing in Idaho; Advice requested
Howdy all,
I grew up fishing in the Gulf of Mexico for redfish and trout. I just moved up here and want to get into the great fishing I hear about. Most of my time will be spent at Anderson Ranch or some at CJ Strike. I'm wanting to primarily fish at Anderson though. I have a boat and am not opposed to trolling.

I would like some recommendations on how to set up my rig here. I have a light line on my reels currently as that was all that was needed in Texas. What are some ideas for line and setups? Both for stationary fishing and for trolling.

Thanks all!
Let us know what your target species will be a AR or Strike.

We need to know what you are fishing for and what gear you have before we can help you out.
Do a search here in this forum and you'll probably find all the info you need.
[signature]
Welcome to Idaho! I can't help you much as I mostly fish on the southeast corner of Idaho.

Anderson Ranch has Kokonee, smallmouth bass, trout, and pikeminnows.

CJ Strike has SM bass, LM bass, crappie, trout, catfish, and sturgeon.

I am sure some of the regulars from that side of the state will throw some info in soon.

In the mean time: As has been suggested, do a search of the Idaho board for what has been posted on AR and CJ in the past.

This state has great fishing --- enjoy!!!
[signature]
Welcome to BFT. Hope to hear from you often.

Windriver
[signature]
If you're going to be mostly fishing at Anderson, then you'll need a variety of pop gear, spinners, wedding rings, hoochies, snubbers and eaither downriggers or reels set up with lead core line. There are lots of kokanee in Anderson and they are a lot of fun to catch. Also sm bass gear. Soft plastics mainly, also buzz baits, spinner baits etc... For CJ strike you can catch something on about anything there. There are a lot of different kinds of fish.
[signature]