Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rock creek information
Other than Moon lake is there other places close to rock creek or are there fish in rock creek? I have only fished moon lake and we are going to a cabin this weekend at rock creek and would like to do some fishing if any close by. Any info apreciated. Thanks
[signature]
There is always the Stillwater dam, at the top of the Rock creek drainage and yes, there are plenty of fish in Rock creek. There are plenty of fish in the Yellowstone drainage as well, that is below Moon lake. Hope that helps. WH2
[signature]
Rock Creek has some nice fish, but quite a bit of it is on reservation land so be sure to know what area you are in or that you have a reservation permit should you desire to fish it. They've been know to patrol those areas fairly heavy in the past, but I haven't been there for a few years now.

Just a heads up.

Have fun and let us know how you do.
[signature]
Rock Creek and Yellowstone are both worth fishing normally. However this year the flows are still much too high to even bother. If we're lucky maybe in another month those streams will come down.
[signature]
There is always the Lower Stillwater area, it holds 6 or 8 fishable ponds. You will see this area, on the left, as you go to the Rock Creek Ranch. The river is probably running too high since the water is still coming over the top of the dam.

Good luck!
[signature]
Buy a single day or 3 day tribal pass and fish the ponds around the area. The people at Rock Creek B and B can help you.
[signature]
Hey big G good luck. You going to wish your Dad a happy b-day on the way? Guess I should be taking him to Willard Bay to celebrate instead of taking the kids out. Maybe have to take him to a show tomorrow night instead. Let me know how it goes. J
[signature]
ok go up rock creek till you hit the forest catle gaurd. there are some big ponds or small lakes of the left turn in and fish the big pound on the back side or in the midle. full of planter rainbows and the ocasional brown.[Wink]
[signature]
Thanks for information I will let you all know how i do I have been working my butt off and am looking for a lil rest and relaxation. Yes Skunked I called dad on his birthday. txt me when we are going to willard.
[signature]
Just got back and boy that was fun fishing was slow tooke kids to the ponds down by the cattle guard lots of fish jumping just none that were biting. Took the kids on the hike to the upper stillwater and let them fish still nothing that thing is full. The spillway is flowing fast and furious.so we took the kids and mother in law to the bottom and stood at the bottom of the spillway and it felt good to have that mist and wind blow on us from the massive amout of water coming off the spillway. Had fun with family and that is all that matters.
[signature]
That is my favorite campground (at the spillway). Lots of room between sites, and the smiths really do a great job taking care of it.
never done well on the res, not too much veg to support a lot in there. But it sure is pretty! Glad you had fun!
I also love the drive up there. The transitions are rad.
[signature]