Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Bait
[cool] Do you use Power Bait? How many colors do you normally cary with you?

Do the fish in your area change thier color preference from time to time?

I use power bait once in awhile. I carry roughly 18 colors in a kit mostly because in some areas, the trout will change color preference about every 20 minutes. What is your experience with Power Bait?
[signature]
[cool][size 4]Hey tube jr,[/size]

[size 4]Love the power bait using a Carolina jig. Carry only three colors. Use mostly the salmon and lime colored PB.[/size]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=698;]
[signature]
Love the stuff. I usually carry four to five colors.

Found a great trick if you are fishing deep water with lots of surface strikes.

I cut a small piece of split shot and either connect it right to the hook or to the line at the knot. I will use a piece large enough to sink a piece of power bait a little smaller than a marble but larger than a pea. I then connect a slip float and set the slip to allow four to six feet between the bait and the float.

I have used this method at Dixon, Wolford, Eldorado(only two feet), in Arizona Saguaro, Canyon, Bartlet, Pleasant, Willow Springs, Long Lake, Lake Mary, Blue Ridge Res, Chevelon Canyon/Creek and many more.

This method also worked without the float free line in streams and rivers casting out and letting the bait drift and bounce on the bottom.

Have you tried the power trout worms?

They Are awesome.
[signature]

Hi there tubeN2,

My power bait trick is to fill a tiny crappie tube lure with a 'softened' plug of it. Trout love the tube lures but with the added attractant.....

JapanRon
[signature]
Hey JR, that sounds like a good trick. When you use the crappie tube, are you using the trout formula, or the crappie formula? I noticed that the crappie formula tends to dissolve a little faster and cloud the water at about the same rate as the mini marshmellows. I would like to try that some day. I am getting ready to write a book and trying to collect as much data that I can. Thanks for your input. It is much appreciated.
[signature]

Hi tubeN2,

I use the trout formula. Dipping in Gravey and a certian candy flavor works well to! ha ha

JapanRon
[signature]
Cool. Sounds good. Have you tried that anise scented Crave or PB with anise? I was just wondering if it works. Thanks again JR.
[signature]
[cool]"Dupont Spinners" work great too. (dynamite)

Another trick for tubes is to stuff them with cotton, felt or other absorbent material...to hold liquid scents. This also adds some resistance to the sharp teeth of some fishies.
[signature]
[cool] Hey TubeDad, your have always supplied me with the best advice and still do. Thanks a million. New tubies will be soaked tomorrow. hee hee. The little guy is getting just as anxious as the big guy. We changed our plans from Sunday to Saturday. yeeeeeeeeeeee hawwwwwwwwww. I told Sean if he gets ahold of Moby Dick then he better hang on tight and enjoy the ride.
[signature]
[cool]It usually takes awhile to get the hang of getting up on your fins and using them for water skis. Just be careful you don't lean too far forward and get pulled out of your craft. That "hundred yard gargle" ain't fun.

Good luck. TubeBabe and I are gonna hit the local pond tomorrow at daybreak to see if we can find some dumb ones.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY.
[signature]