Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Madness
I've been reading a lot of posts lately on Willard so I decided to blow the bullhorn and assemble Team Mowhawk to go see what all the fuss was about. Me and Ninja got to the lake around 6:30 and started cruising to Ninjas secrete spot. Saw a few mini boils on the way and tried to catch a few out of them with no luck. We got to the spot and started to cast into the bank with cranks and had a couple other poles rigged with jigs dragging behind us. I was casting a lipless crank and ended up hooking into a nice whiper. After that things got nuts. We started reelin in fish left and right, we had fish on our cranks the same time we had fish on our drag lines it was awesome. Riggs set the hook hard on something and reeled in, ended up being someone elses line with a bonus whiper attached to it. Apparently 4 lb test just won't cut it when fishing for whipers. The action continued as dusk set in. Ended up being a pretty good night, landed walleyes, smallies, cats, whipers and a full stomach of bugs.
[signature]
Nice fish! I'm headed out Friday night and hope to get into the Wipers.
[signature]
[font "Calibri"]Nice catch CM23!! We’ll be heading out tonight around 6 or so hunting the boils. We loaded the cooler with walleye and a loan wiper yesterday so tonight will be just for fun.[sly][/font]
[signature]
Nice hairdo, and even nicer fish. I want to hit Willard one of these days and catch my first ever Wiper. I suppose a boat would greatly improve my chances for that species?
[signature]
This year I would think it would be your best chance on the shore or in a boat. There hungry buggers this year, the two year classes of walleye must be thinning the shad out with the help of the remaining Wipers in the lake. Get out there and get it checked off your list.

PM me and I will give you my opinion on the best place on shore to try it.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]WHIPER? Is that some kind of kinky relative of the stripper?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
It's what you do to a stripper, ya whipper.
[signature]
LMAO, I think I like strippers than whippers. [Tongue] Or should I say whipers. What ever it is they do. hahaha
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Whatever.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good report anyhooters.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]This "family-oriented" forum is heading south fast.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[laugh]lol!

Oh yeah fishing for whipers
oh yeah fishin for strippers
gotsa me some 'ol minners
dem 'ol strippers drive me wild!
I take dem 'ol minners
And catch me some mouth waterin' strippers
get the whipers cause here come the strippers!

Ha ha ha! Dang I'm killing myself!

Dumb...I'll think of something more dignified the next post I promise.[:p]
[signature]
Must....... Keep........ Mouth (and fingers).......... Shut........................[angelic]
[signature]
Great job boys!!! I was just wondering if I have to get a hair cut to get on the boat??? Let's get to fishin.
[signature]
Kinda like your vacation magazine reference. Fun to look at, but nowhere you're gonna go.

Lava - you keep talking about going for a float. I think we need to fire up the big boat, and get on it!

Nice post boyz. Doing the 'Dew. But what - no lucky quarter? What is it they say, if ya can't laugh at yourself, who can ya laugh at.
As long you bring your majic bait you can fish with us any time. I would sure love to get into some boils, maybe tonight is the night.
[signature]
I think your right, This is the first post I've had that's been moderator alterd. Sorry boys looks like lucky quarter stories from here on out.[cool]
[signature]
I gotta hawk. Can I come?
[signature]