Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sturgeon around twin
WEll i spent the last two days trying something new. MY uncle was able to meet me in Twin with his jet boat and we ran into a few of my favorite holes. On Teus night we ran up from cedar draw to augar falls. It isn't a bad run except for the first 1/2 mile were you go through a nasty boney section (grazed one rock at 30 or so scared the begezes out of us all) and then up a way small shoot to get into the canyon then it was easy running into augar falls. the wind had to be blowing 40 mph down there and we fished hard for 4 or hours with out one single fish. not even a bite. NOw there could have been a couple but with hat wind detecting them would have been tough. Also i set the bottle of bait on the boat but forgot to put it into the cooler and it was lost to the river gods. so we used a crappy and a perch that my uncle had in the cooler but to no avail. We ran out of there well before dark so we could see to get through the bone yard. got up wed morning and decided to fish haggerman. so we drove down to the dam. we had the jet boat so we went and looked at the "ramp" (term is used very very lightly) where the malad dumps into the snake. MY uncle said we could do it so i backed it on down and we launched the boat and ran it up to the dam. Fished from 830ish to 2 picked up three fish the biggest being 6ftish a four and a two footer. then came the fun of trying to get up the "ramp" it took two tries the second with me backing the boat way into the water and having my uncle gun the boat with me power braking the Tahoe in four low and we got it out. all in alll a good day
[signature]
Nice. Those kinds of trips are always the ones you remember. Glad you got in to some fish too. I've been interested in fishing that area but haven't had the chance yet. I've got a 16' outboard jet boat that handles shallow water fine but not the best in rapids. How is the river there at hagerman? Is that something that we could do in a smaller boat or do I need a custom weld or something?
Thanks for the report!

Jeremiah
[signature]
don't get into the rapid below the "ramp" and you'll be fine. there are 2 riffles teh one having a few waves in them but there is a good line that was really smooth through them both
[signature]