Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another slow day at the 'Berry
Hit the water yesterday at 0900 off at 5 pm, jigged and drift trolled all around Strawberry Bay, lots of bites but only a few caught, I ended up with 8 slot Cutts. 4 Bows and a Chub, buddy caught 2 slot Cutts and 2 Bows. Did have a triple which was fun with 2 people.

Weather was perfect and the water is clearing fast. used white curly tail gubs on 1/4 oz. jig heads tipped with worm or shrimp, did see Kentofnsl up there also.

Good luck folks.
[signature]
Mike, enjoyed the brief chat out on the water. We apparently saw you having your best action of the day right when we first motored up to you. We did about the same as you. We also found a school of monster chubs over on the east side of the bay, near a huge seaweed island. Caught six of them for future bait.
[signature]
Yeah, you saw our triple, funny that was the moment [Wink]
[signature]
I figured you were catching them like that all day long. Appreciated your partner graciously sharing with me what was working. Strange day in that crawlers were working better than cut bait. I think it might have been because most of the fish that we caught were on the smaller size.
[signature]