Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brook Trout fishing in Minnesota
Ok, ever since I was little I wanted to catch brook trout... but being that I don't live next door to any trout streams and etc I haven't caught any yet. I live in Duluth, MN area and I'm wondering if there's any streams in the area that still have brook trout?

Apparently there used to be but they're either replaced now with minnows or rainbows (along the north shore). Getting kinda tedious and would really like to hit some brookies without having to pay hundreds of dollars for gas just to get there.

Does anyone know anything? That's up to date? People keep telling stories of "oh yeah I caught a 5 pound brookie in that river 20 years ago" and "she caught a 4 pound rainbow in that stream 5 years ago". Etc... you get the picture... [Image: beaten.gif] I need something that's like within 2 years or so.

I've hit mostly the Lester River which so far I've only caught Rainbows (probably hatchery steelhead) and Pink Salmon there... There's a few other rivers, creeks, and steams I've hit nearby but nothing worth mentioning... [Image: sad.gif] I either caught only minnows or nothing.

Any suggestions?
Welcome to BFT.
I am sorry I have never been to MN, but I am pretty sure that you would get a better response if you put your question to the MN state board.
Up top of the page is "State Fishing Forums" click on your state and someone is bound to answer you.

Good luck, and just keep at it!
[signature]