Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake 7-24
well my buddy wanted to have a fish fry, so we went down to utah lake and put our awesome catfish and white bass bait to work! had fish hittin non stop. kept a handful of channel cats and some fat whities for a fish fry, didn't fish too long, got hot and bugs are everywhere. nothin too huge, biggest was a 3 pound channel but good eating size. it was fun even though I wasn't smiling. I like catching fish at utah lake I just hate the surroundings of it, GARBAGE everywhere!!!! we packed out a couple bags worth of trash but you could spend your whole life pickin up trash and not make a dent. wonder what does more damage down there, the carp or some of the slob people.
[Image: ul.jpg]
[signature]
That is a good question, good on ya for picking up after the slobs down there. I live so close to UL, but don't fish it too terribly much for that reason (people make it nasty). Glad you had fun, and thanks for the report.
[signature]
Great job. And way to be a good example for your fellow fishermen. Glad you got into them.

I was down there at LBH yesterday with my brother and we didn't have near the success you did. Few Bluegills and Muds...no Channels or white bass whatsoever. On the north side of that harbor it was lined up almost elbow to elbow with Hispanics trying for white bass I'm presuming. And you are right, it's too bad people don't clean up more down there...it's starting to look like Hyrum Reservoir.
[signature]
Nice to know there are people like you to pick up after the white trash.(and brown) We live very close to UL and like to take advantage of that but one thing I have noticed since moving here two years ago from CA. is that there is no clean shoreline. I listen to EVERYONE complain about how scummy and dirty UL is but it seems to be the people making it that way. Today went to Pelican Bay for the first time,seemed to be a nice newer harbor but of course stuck in the rocks where we decided to throw our lines out was beer bottles, empty water bottles, night crawler containers and trash. Sure wish I could find a nice clean shoreline somewhere??[:/]
[signature]
yeah, I honestly don't know how people like boating with all the trash floating everywhere, Sad thing is, if all that trash is on the shoreline imagine what the bottom of the lake looks like..I always like hitting UL once just to try catching a few cats and white bass but I always have to have low expectations knowing how dirty it is around there, but I'm glad the fishing was good.
[signature]
pm sent lavaman
[signature]