Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brighton Lakes
Looking for any info on fishing the Brighton lakes. I would consider my self a novice fisherman but am taking 6 or 7 boy scouts on a 3 day backpacking trip and would like any advice for helping these boys learn how to fish. I have fished Silver lake quite a bit and Mary lake once. Are any of these lakes better then others? What is the best type of fishing gear to use. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Richard
[signature]
Stick to Silver Lake. Silver or gold blue fox spinners in size #2 work well this year according to my buddies. Twin lakes has a good supply of minnows. Lake Mary looked empty last year/fall thanks to dam repairs, I really doubt the fish survied that.
[signature]
how about Lake Catherine. I keep hearing good things about that lake. Anyone catching anything up there this year?
[signature]
If it did not winterkill this year, the hike to Lake Catherine is worth it and the fishing should be hot. Use a fly and bubble set up for fun action. Most flies will work but my favorites there are Renegades, Mosquitoes, and Gray Hackle Yellow. During the day when the action on top has slowed, a night crawler fished near the bottom will provide fast action. With a night crawler fish the east and south sides where the bank is steeper. That way your scouts won't have to cast so far. Don't expect much size there though. A 10 incher is a whopper. But those are some of the best eating fish you will find anywhere. I've caught hundreds and hundreds there over the years. The scenery can't be beat either.
[signature]