Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blacksmith & Washington
Parents showed up from out of state on their annual vacation to spend time with the grandchildren. Excellent for me as this is the one week a year where I take off from any and all real world responsibility and fish where ever I want.

Sunday night we headed to Blacksmith Fork and fished above the dam. Had a few bites but no fish caught. Bugs were not bad. We were there around 5-8pm. First time my dad and I took my oldest boy and he did great. We tried spinners of all shapes and colors, spoons, powerbait and gulp. Only saw a few fish caught by one couple who had it figured out. Even the people in the canoes didn't seem to have any luck.

Monday, against my better judgement given the holiday and massive amounts of humanoids, we went to Washington Lake in the Uinta Wilderness area. I love it there but don't much care to fish around tons of people. Oh well, we take the good with the bad. Anyway, we again threw everything at them in the tackle box with not even a strike. Then, a very polite young man asked how we were doing and turned us on to the secret weapon. Apparently, the fish wanted a nightcrawler under a bobber or pulled slowly behind a clear bubble. That was the ticket. We ended up with two short of our limit and had many tiny guys that were not hooked bad and released. Again my oldest boy was outstanding and actually out fished me and his grandpa. He started getting bored once the fish slowed down but did great. Bugs were not too awful near the lake but seemed much worse in the parking lot when we finished and tried to eat a bite before driving home.
[signature]
Were up there at Washington and Crystal lake over the weekend ourselves. Yep Worm under a bobber was the real producer, though my 8yr old caught an albino on a small rooster tail, the spinners were getting alot of chases and tags but only the one hook up on Crystal lake.

Took the trail back to Haystack lake also, fished everything between Crystal and Haystack, nice thing was no people on the upper lakes, but the mosquitoes acted like our deep woods off was ranch dressing [pirate]
[signature]