Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishlake??
Heading to Fishlake for the annual family camping trip. Just wondering if anyone was up there over the 24th and could give me a quick update on how the fishing was. Not looking for secret spots or tackle just a report on the size of fish and if they were biting.

I will be fishing from a float tube for the first few days than my brother in law will be up with the boat for the weekend.

Thanks in advance.
[signature]
Was there this past weekend. Fishing was good. No Macs for me, but the rainbows and splake were nice size and eager. I don't fish with pop gear, but those who did were doing well.

The yellow perch seem a little larger (relative) this year and they are easy and available just out from the weed line everywhere. DWR was out in force and encouraged keeping the perch for a few meals. They are small but tasty and a certain hit with kids who like to catch stuff and those perch provide non-stop action.
[signature]
Are the perch reachable from the shore? Wife and I are thinking of taking the kids camping/fishing Thursday night. We'd be happy with just some good action and a meal.
[signature]
Yes - in some places.
If you get out on the Resort Marina rocks (I'd go maybe 200' south side of the opening to the lake) set up with a fair amount of weight and an appropriately sized bobber and let her rip as far as you can. Set the bait maybe 3'-4' below the bobber. Use only enough worm to cover your hook. You'll be cleaning perch in no time.
[signature]
Sigh.....After nearly 3 months I now have a job. Killed the Fish Lake idea. Boohoo. Thanks for the tips though!
[signature]
Just got back from Fish Lake Yesterday. The fishing was good. The perch are definitely bigger than the years past. We were able to get some over the 10" mark. The splake were hitting really well along with the rainbows. All in All it was a great trip. We didn't get to fish as much as we wanted because to the weather, but we did get to catch a lot of fish when we did.
[signature]
Good work. I am heading down Thursday for about four days got any advice. I am not a biologist but I think the fish you got on the right is a Mack pm if you need to. Hope the weather is better for us. Sounds like a good trip though.
[signature]
Yes that was a little mack in my left hand. I had to keep him unfortunately he took the bait all the way down and it was a long hard fight on light tackle. IT was fun though. I would target waters that are 50-75' just off the weed lines we caught good fish at every spot we fished all over the lake. We were using jigs tipped with perch meat.[fishin]
[signature]
Hey Thanks for the info. I usually do well fishing there. Yea I thought that was a little mack. Well I will post my results when I get back.
[signature]