Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry's Lake Fall brookie's?
KG and FG, those are both beautiful brookies. I don't think I have caught a brook trout over 11 inches. I think I am going to have to start looking. They sure are amazing!

Texas, I have a Fish Cat 4 and really like it. Stick with one of the V shaped float tubes. It does really make a difference. Here is what I have, but you can find them for less. http://www.cabelas.com/product/Fish-Cat-...l+Products

I would suggest that you visit the Float Tube Forum
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=81

Look at the posts and do some searching on there. There is more info there than you ever wanted to know about "floating". Put your questions on there too, lots of great suggestions will come your way.
[signature]
I still see guys in donuts...whatever it takes is what I say.

C, I was catching Brookies in the river.....kind of surprised me cause I had no idea they were in there. Even brookies can be a bad thing in the wrong place.
Ones in Henry's are sterile so no worries.
[signature]
[quote kglissmeyer]I have a couple of these: [url "http://www.basspro.com/Caddis&-x00ae;-Sports-Nevada-Gold-Float-Tube/product/10205419/140651?hvarAID=shopping_googlebase&om_mmc=shopping_googlebase"]http://www.basspro.com/...=shopping_googlebase[/url]

And one of these: [url "http://www.basspro.com/Classic-Accessoriesreg;-Togiak-Pontoon-Float-Tube/product/10217063/81567?cmCat=CROSSSELL_PRODUCT"]http://www.basspro.com/...at=CROSSSELL_PRODUCT[/url]

I really like the Togiak, but now I'm a pontoon convert so I only use the float tubes for waters like Silver Creek, etc. where toons aren't allowed.

Kelly.[/quote]
How's your wheels doing Bud.You able to get out amongst them again?
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]Lew, we just boat a tin boat and were talking about Chester.....give a shout k?[/quote]
Give it a few more cold nights, and they should start turning on. I'll keep the eyes open.
[signature]
Lew, doc still doesn't like my progress, so I'm on crutches for at least a month before he takes another look. I call this year the "Lost Season". Really tough to wade or use the pontoon with a cast and crutches, but it will pass someday and I'll be back at it.

Kelly.
[signature]
dude if you want to do Chester or that other one just say so, i would be happy to tow you around in your toon with mine
[signature]
[quote kochanut]dude if you want to do Chester or that other one just say so, i would be happy to tow you around in your toon with mine[/quote]

Nawww, Kelly's too grumpy and no fun at all....[Tongue][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]
[signature]
I keep looking at the beautiful brookies in this thread, and I'm turning green with envy. (I wonder if those are my "fall spawn" colors?)

This is probably poor form, seeing as how I'm new to this forum, but if anyone is up for hitting Chester or Henry's in the near future, I'd appreciate the company. I've been reading all I can find to help me with my new toy (float tube), but there's no substitute for first-hand experience.

Thanks and happy casting,

TT
[signature]
[quote kochanut]dude if you want to do Chester or that other one just say so, i would be happy to tow you around in your toon with mine[/quote]

Thanks for the invite, buddy. It means a lot. This has been a rough year. When you usually spend 60 to 80 days on the water it's like going through addiction withdrawals when you have to quit cold turkey. At least I've been able to do some writing about fly fishing and I just got a small, regular gig with a fairly well-known mag, so it hasn't been a totally lost year.

Right now the only option I have to fish would be out of a hard-side boat where I wouldn't have to wear waders and could sit for the duration. I know, I'm turning into a wuss, but as parts wear out and/or fall off, it's what I've got left.

If we could work something out I would love it.

Kelly.
[signature]
[quote flygoddess][quote kochanut]dude if you want to do Chester or that other one just say so, i would be happy to tow you around in your toon with mine[/quote]

Nawww, Kelly's too grumpy and no fun at all....[:p][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][/quote]

First off - BigOregon, sorry for the hijack. This has been a fun thread. I, like many others experienced the female brookie bloom last year at Henry's, with only two males landed all season, but numerous females. I still think you have a pretty good chance of catching a brookie of a lifetime at Henry's from now until it ices over, and I'm sure there are still many colored up males lurking there.

Now, Joni, who are you calling grumpy?!? [Wink] I think anyone who has had to miss an entire year of fishing has a pretty good right to be grumpy, along with a few other words I could use to describe my demeanor...nevertheless (I like that word [:p]) it is what it is and it won't change until it does, so I'll just keep on smilin' and hoping for better days to come.

Kelly.
[signature]
That's for sure Kel. You are the MAN. We just bought a Tin Can (boat), so we could have some fun and no wear and tear on the leg.
[signature]
Henry's Fall Brookie!
[signature]
[quote EddieFish]Henry's Fall Brookie![/quote]

Hey there's one, anyway! Yup. That is one of the few and rare "wild" males in there. Are you getting it mounted? Hope you didn't kill it just to eat- they're horrible eating. How big is that beauty? Congrats on a great catch! Any tips on how to catch one? lol!
DS
[signature]
Is that ice/snow in the corner????
[signature]
Nice Buck there!
[signature]
I had no idea brookie's were so toothy! Another beautiful buck--don't think there's a better-looking freshwater fish ...
[signature]
This one's on a wall right now!
[signature]
Yes theres ice n snow, last November a week or so before things iced over.
[signature]
Phewww, I thought that was recent. I hear it is WARM up there right now so I was wondering if there was a sudden snow storm (which we all know HAPPENS!)
Very nice.
[signature]
[quote EddieFish]This one's on a wall right now![/quote]

Well that's incredible, Eddiefish- great job!!! SO GLAD you got that beauty mounted!! It's just great to hear that when someone catches one they appreciate it!
Dave
[signature]