Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay Report
Got on the water about 6:30am from South marina. headed east along shore picked up 2 cats. About where the light poles are we cut across lake to north end and tried there caught one more cat and one walleye. Bottom bouncers and worm. 1.7-1.9mph No Wipers What does a guy have to do to catch his first wiper.
[signature]
go faster use something more shadlike than a worm[Smile]
[signature]
I think fishjon nailed it. Combine what he said with being there right as the sun is going down and you can't go wrong.

Now if I could only get Muskie advice this good Smile
[signature]
3 of us spent 7 hours on Willard today and caught 5 Walleye and 1 Small Mouth. We got into a few boils and never hooked up with a wiper, not a good thing. Tried everything in the tackle box to catch more fish, just a slow fishing day.Trolled at 3 mph with s turns and speed variances. Going out again Monday morning. We used rattling rapalas with red colored designs and silver with blue. Double body deep diver green color caught 2 walley today.
[signature]
Tell me about it. I'm still after my first as well. I'm 0-4 on trips trying to catch one.
[signature]
Welcome to the site Stew, thanks for posting your report. Sounds like you guys did good with 6 fish in the boat but it has been a tough year for catching a lot of wipers.
[signature]
Thanks for the advice everyone. We did have fun catching the Cat Fish. I appreciate everyones comments for the help.
[signature]