Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what flies??
I have fly fished for about two years now and usually do pretty well but would really like to get better. My question is what are some go to flies that do really well. I have nymphing down but when it comes to dries i only do well with mayflies. And emergers i know absolutely nothing about. What are some good dries and emergers that could help me out?
[signature]
Please specify where and when you're talking about fishing. The flies vary with time of year and type of water fished.
[signature]
Caddis is a go to. Also Adams, and Griffith Gnats different sizes.
I do very well with Quigley Cripples

http://stevenojai.tripod.com/quigcrip.htm
[signature]
STOP.... ITS HOPPER TIME Dun dun dunnnn [Wink]
[signature]
I like woolly buggers, royal wulffs, royal coachman, griffiths gnat, renegades, amd amything else that works.[cool]
[signature]
Great, now every time I hear that song, I'm going to think ".....Hopper time!" can't cast this....

I always rely on stimulator patterns. Someone I worked with once said stimulators imitate "hoppers, stones, caddis, and albino crickets."

I laughed.

Stimulators, PMD's, BWO, parachute adams, elk hair caddis, yellow humpies, orange humpys.....all go to flies.
[signature]
[quote joshomaru].....Hopper time!" can't cast this....[/quote]

Awahahaha thats a good one [Wink][Wink][Wink]
[signature]
Parachute ant. first terrestial out in the spring last in the winter. Immitates midges,mayflies etc. when I am finding it hard to match the hatch I put on a size 18 and go for it.
[signature]