Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twofer
Went back out with my boy today, and we had another great time. Thought I'd share this 'cause it's a first on a river for me.

Two flies (dry/dropper) two fish! According to my son, "coolest thing ever".
[signature]
That's great!
[signature]
Right on! I love when that happens.
[signature]
Your son is right "coolest ever"!

You know he isn't ever going to let you sneak off with out him now.... J/K [laugh][laugh]

Great job -- keep that boy in with the fish!
[signature]
That's is great my son just turned 7 give him another yr or 2 and I will start him on the fly
[signature]
southernbass, not to stir things up, but why two more years? I have taught 5 yr olds.
[signature]
I don't know, I have a hard time just getting him to listen to me when I take him fishing.maybe if I start to teach him.
[signature]
Could be worth a shot. I agree, the interest HAS to be there, so good luck.
[signature]
Don't expect too much perfection, but if his interest is there, he needs to catch some nice easy fish! Just don't try and fish yourself when you are first starting him off. He'll catch a few, then you'll have a fishing partner for life. Fun stuff!
[signature]
I agree, my boy's seven and he does fine. I mean, he's not going to break any casting records...but who cares? We catch some fish together and I've never enjoyed fishing this much.
[signature]
Maybe I should take him to an old spot that would be great for him to learn now I just ned to get him so rod
[signature]