Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanks TubeDude!!!
Thank you TubeDude(Dad)

we received the new float tubes and are ready to put them in the water. We also purchased a couple of the Stearns typeIII PFD vests to put them to the test on Sunday at Castaic. We are working on getting all the other bells, whistles and chimes together just like everyone else has, but we have to do that slowly. I am in the process of making some rod holders including a flyrod holder. Sean was amazed with the pockets in the tubes. He said" Dad, where are we supposed to put all our gear?" I had to break the news to him that you just take only what you are going to need and leave the rest in the car. He settled for only a few lures, some meat enhancements and maybe 3 Diet Pepsis each. That's how it goes if you want to be a big league tuber. So while I am working on a floating fishing basket, he is inventing something to make a floating 12 pack basket. hee hee. Thanks again.
[signature]
[size 2]2 very inexspensive safety things you can put on your vest. A whistle and a light/strobe.[/size]

[size 2] In the event your tube sinks, etc. I would HIGHLY recommend those 2 things for ocean tubing. [/size]

[size 2] Have fun[Wink][/size]
[signature]
[cool] Thanks there fishfather, I already have the safety stuff taken care of. I just so happen to be an EMT and do alot of instructional safety classes with the American Red Cross and Los Angeles Fire Dept. I have already incorporated some stuff from your own previous posts in some of the water safety classes that I teach as well. Thanks for the input. Everything is appreciated.
[signature]
[cool]Glad the Pony Express made it across the desert. Let me know if you need any tips on getting set up. Sounds like you have everything under control. Tell Sean I am sorry but they were all out of the double decker models and that he has to ditch the wheelbarrow for float tubing.

I will be putting together a "Care" package for you guys this weekend...after fishing trip on Saturday. There will be a couple of those white plastic rod racks, some bait bugs and spinners and that "X-Lg" BFT shirt that barely fits my left arm...to the elbow. There will also be some BFT stickers. You can stick those on your forehead so that folks at Castaic can identify you.

Be safe and fish well. We got a family tradition to uphold.
[signature]

Hey there tubeN2,

Wow, more parallels there tubeN2... I too have a zillion ARC certs, am an EFR and gone through the LAFD CERT certification program. Do you volunteer your services with the DART program too? If you haven't, it's a very important medical emergency/disaster response organization all of us will someday need. LA/OC/SFV have chapters I believe. Wanna be a weekend warrior? ha ha

Makes you really pay attention to yourself and others around you too huh?!

JapanRon
[signature]
Hey JR, you can bet on that DART. That is required for the level 2 Cert. I am also an instructor with the LAFD for the Cert program. It is alot of fun and I really enjoy teaching it to the community.
[signature]

Hey tubeN2,

Was I in your class about a year and a half ago? Week days early morning. No kidding! I took my initial CERT class series at the County Mental Health building 5th or 6th floor close to Korea not Japan Town in LA. Halfway through the class one guy got deployed.

Small world! Real Scary! ha ha

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool] Naw that couldn't have been me. Most of the classes that I do are in the San Fernado, San Gabriel, and Santa Clarita Valleys. Although it is not uncommon to get calls in the middle of a class. Since I am an LA County EMT, I do get deployed occasionally for bus accidents, school incidents and if there are any train accidents involving passenger trains within La County. I really enjoy helping people. It is Sad to meet them by "accident" but there are occasional friendships that stem out of these encounters. But the most important aspect is being able to save lives.
[signature]