Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tibble fork ( report )
hi all fished tibble fork reservoir with a old timer from work caught 7 planter bows and 1 brown trout useing power bait turbo ( pink ) bows were about 10" brown about 14" biggest i have ever caught out of there. there are little browns cruising the bank has anybody here ever caught or seen a desent brown caught out of tibble ?

chris
[signature]
Its been a long time ago but I do remember hooking one about 16" brown out of there but I did see one that was much larger cruise by once . I wonder if that big beaver still haunts that pool . I was fishing there on a rainy day on my tube and got to close to his home and he came up right next to me and splashed me . Spooked me big time and thought he was coming after me . LOL I fly fished it mostly back then and always hooked 30+ fish a day . Have you ever gone up to Silver Lake Flat above Tibble Fork ? I bet it is low water now up there .
[signature]
Silver Lake Flat is a puddle next to the dam.
[signature]
i talked to a oldtimer out there last year who told me he led some scouts up there 5 years ago or so and one of the boy scouts caught a 8lb brown out of the spillway below. i have heard of big ones in there but never caught one personally.
[signature]
the 14" one is the biggest i have managed there the ones i catch dont look stunted so it seems there would be larger fish in there

chris
[signature]