Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pine Fun 8/4
I've been real reticent about going anywhere but up N. to Id., especially the Pine because of bad results last year and the pond being 97% full now !!! Well, I finally forced myself to give it a try this pm. Left Sparky home because I knew shore access while I'm fishing might be dangerous with high water and flooded brush. I was right.
Well, after walking S. on the trail to my first bay that I normally fish, found out right away that my normal access was none existent with a shear drop off of about 10 ft. Walked around to the end of the bay and tried to access thru the grass and stuff. Well, as I went thru the grass I found out that it was flooded and I couldn't get past it w/o getting pretty deep. I decided to do the best I could with trying to get into the float tube and put my fins which was way tough, w/o losing my rod and reel!!!! Finally got er done (couldn't take off my carrying straps because of high water and weeds) and tried to kick out which again was tough, especially with the straps still on. Finally got free and decided to use the wave worm that was already on. Well, it was gone with all the crud that I had to go thru, etc.
Put on another, wacky hooked, and cast towards shore. Hook up right away. A big ol LM that came out of the water and thru the hook back in my face. [Image: icon_sad.gif] Re rigged fished a while and had several hook ups but kept losing em along with my worms? Frown Finally got one to stay on, see pic. Had to really put pressure on her to get her in the deep water so she wouldn't weed me. I'll say it again, a 16 in. Smallie will totally out fight a 20 in. LM by a large margin and keep on pulling!!!!!
Kept on with the same routine, hook up, no worm. My guess is they were grabbing the end and pulling it off the hook. Anyway, kept on fishing and caught another big ol smallie and decided to hang it up since I had dinner and a meeting to go to.
Total fishing time 1 1/2 hrs. So, guess what. I'll be baaaaaack. [Image: icon_smile.gif] Need to find a better access though. This was a bay that I normally start on but moved out of it to fish further N, but in this case, didn't have to move out of the bay. Hope this continues!!!! A couple of these guys are more then enough to make me stay around for a while. I had given up on the Pine.

[inline Pine.jpg]
[signature]
man, maybe I need to give it another try too.... I've stopped going there because I spend too much money on a parks pass to go to privately owned lakes but if the fish are big and willing I may have to make an exception....
[signature]
That's one of the many advantages to tubing, no fees. However there are some diSadvantages too. [Wink]
[signature]