Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salmon Falls report. AKA SMACK DOWN!
I went to SFCR again on 8-5-11 for another shot at some walleye filets. I didn’t keep any catfish at Brownlee so I was getting short.
I headed down with a couple of friends. Dan who goes with me often and a new guy Nick. Dan and I started fishing at 6:00am and Nick got there at 9:00 am. To call it slow would be a disservice to slow. We were catching bass and I got a DANDY of a trout if trout could be called such a thing. I finally got my first Walleye at about 10:00am.

[Image: 8-5-11A.jpg]

Dan left at 11:00. Nick and I headed for a new spot and things started to come together. Well I got several walleye’s but I wanted good eating size so I threw back a bunch of 10” to 12” fish. As we fished I saw this cloud coming from the south. Soon Lightning was popping and BOOM one hit on the mountain. The same thing happened last year almost to the day. Yep and another fire was going. I was untangling my lines and I drifted WAY away from the bank. I get a phone call and it is my wife. I look up just in time to see a wall of water coming right at me. I hung up put on my gortex jacket and buttend down for a bad one. The wind hit and it felt like It was going at least 50 MPH. I turned my pontoon so my back was to the wind and turned the motor on 5. The motor didn’t have enough power to get me to the bank. I was able to maintain where I was but it was a rough ride. Then almost as fast as it started the wind was gone. It was still raining but my boat made it to shore. Nick who is a pastor of a church was soaked and I took this picture.

[Image: 8-5-11B.jpg]

Then the sky really opened up and it was POURING!

[Image: 8-5-11Ebig.jpg]

I look back at nick and he is getting pounded.

[Image: 8-5-11Fbig.jpg]

I asked him what he might have done to make someone mad? I was decked in gortex and neoprene. I hunched over and took off my new BFH ( big floppy hat ) and let it pour over me. I got to say the BFH survived being totally soaked through. We both split up Just in case he did do something or like he said I had something I needed to repent for. I headed down another rocky point and looked back and that is when I saw the fire for the first time.

[Image: 8-5-11G.jpg]

After the storm was over it took a while before the eyes would bite again but I got into them good. I hit several about 5:00 pm.

[Image: 8-5-11H.jpg]
[Image: 8-5-11I.jpg]
[Image: 8-5-11J.jpg]

I got enough to finish my limit and then I thought man this battery has been kicking A$$. I headed for the truck and kicked it on 5. It was almost dead. I made it back to the truck with just a pinch left. Nick said he had a great time. He looked over my pimping job I have done to the toon and said his would be sea worthy when we went next time.
Man Friday was fun, tiring, and a bit scary. I had a blast. Ron
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Great report. Glad you survived the "pestilence" and were rewarded with some nice walleye fillets. Good stuff.[/#0000ff]
[signature]