Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grayling in Smith-Morehouse
Greetings, this is my first post to this site. I was fishing a #16 prince beadhead nymph at Smith-Morehouse reservoir and caught my first grayling- large spotted dorsal fin, silver under belly. Has anyone caught grayling in that location? The grayling is on my bucket list.
[signature]
Great first post, and welcome to BFT. I haven't caught a grayling yet, but am stoked to track some down.
[signature]
Hey welcome. I have caught a grayling or two out of Smith and Morehouse and I've talked with other guys that have also. I also spoke with a guy once who was catching them out of the stream that feeds in. I know graylng are stocked in some of the lakes up above like round, sand, and fish, so they may travel down, not sure if they are connected. And they may have been stocked at one point in Smith and Morehouse I've heard also. Fun surprise to get at the end of your pole.
[signature]
head to stateline res, fish above marsh lake in the creek, you will get enough grayling to cross it off your list a few times
[signature]
Thanks for the feedback. I will try some of the northern lakes. Still water is not my favorite since I haven't been able to invest in a float tube and the equip that goes with...next year.
[signature]