Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Proud @ Soldier Creek
Because of a great friend that has a boat on Soldier Creek, my 2 year old son and I got to spend Saturday night on the lake.
I woke up Sunday morning with hopes of having my son reel in his first fish. Within 10 minutes of having lines in the water he was holding the rod and with a little help reeling in his fish . After that he was hooked.[Smile] Thanks to the fast fishing he kept plenty busy reeling in fish. I could barely keep up with both poles bouncing at the same time or when I was helping him reel one in the other one would get pounded.
All fish were rainbows except 1 10" cutt. We ended up calling it a day at about 11, just in time for him to have a bite to eat and nap during the ride home.
I may have the proud papa syndrome, but I had to share.
We caught most of them on bait and a few on a Jakes, it was still a little difficult trying to use lures with him.
[signature]
Very well done. Now that you have him hooked he will ask to go out again and again.[cool]
[signature]
Thats how liftime fishing enthusiast are made. Great pics of the little guy thank you for sharing. Nothing wrong with being a proud papa.
[signature]
I think you're right on that, I had to drag him back to the truck. I won't complain though, it will just give me a better excuse to get out more.
[signature]
Very nice... I'd love to catch some fish that are would stretch from my thighs to the tips of my toes... from the pictures that was what ur lil fisherman was dealing with. Great picture to show him later in life...
[signature]
That's what it's all about right there. No such thing as being too proud of your children.
[signature]
My daughter is eight and still begs me to take her out. She loves it.
[signature]
You should be proud! Nothing better than not having to sacrifice family time to get into some fish. I cannot think of anything better than catching fish with family. Way to go!

Did you remind him you were not fishing, but rather catching![Wink]

Thanks for the report and pics.
[signature]
Hopefully she is still doing that at 18! I think me and him are already looking forward to the next trip.

Thanks for all the replies.
[signature]
[quote 1ManWolfpack]. . . it was still a little difficult trying to use lures with him.[/quote]

Just gotta make sure to hook through only one lip so he can still breath. Keeps 'em swimming around longer while you jig or troll.

[center]K I D D I N G !
[/center]
Nice stringer. I can hear the "grunt" when he lifts it! My greatest kid-fishing memories come from beach, and deep sea in Florida, as well as Perch fishing the breakwaters in Chicago. Used to think getting up at 4am was crazy! (ok, so some things never change . . . )

Don't make my mistake - make it about them, and they'll love it. Guess I'm too obsessed over catching myself. Another one of life's little addictions.
Congrats, and good on your friend bringing ya'll out on his boat! Nice'n