Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cannon down riggers
Does anyone know a good place to get a Cannon Downrigger repaired it is a older electric Mag 10.

Thanks,

Chris
[signature]
Not much to them if you want I can take a look at it, just fixed one my neighbor had, ended up being a worn out switch, new switch works great.
[signature]
[font "Calibri"]Sorry the card has been in my wallet for some time now the phone number is (801) 397-1675. [/font]
[signature]
Is there a way to 'reset' the counter on them? I put new wire on one of mine, and now it's not zeroed right.

Wondered it I can pull it off and spin it down. Can't seem to find a 'reset' switch accessible. Somewhere to poke a paperclip!
[font "Calibri"]You should be able to slide your counter in and out about a ½ inch. When it’s IN the gears are engaged and your counter will go up and down in conjunction with your cable. Pull the counter OUT a ½ inch and you can spin the counter gear with your finger down to zero. Hope that helps.[/font]
[signature]
[#000050]There is a Cannon/Minn Kota authorized repair service in Bountiful. You can reach the service at 801 397 1675. Swede R.[/#000050]
[signature]
[font "Calibri"]Same guy as mentioned above.[/font]
[signature]
Like I said before not much to them if you want to get charged then take it to the dealer. If you want to swing it by the house I will find the problem and you can buy the 5.00 part and your done. More than happy to help you out, most likely the switch or the circuit breaker. there motor hold up pretty good and the circuit breaker protects them from burning up. Unless it under warranty no reason to take it to the dealer.

your choice. I'm more than qualified to do the job.
[inline "New Picture.bmp"]
[signature]
thanks guys i will try to get a hold of him. it is not the switch that i could repair i believe it either the clutch or something else that i cant seem to figure out yet.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I also cast a vote for SwedeR. He also works on MinnKota motors. Just had him replace a switch on warranty. Fast service and no extra charges.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Guys I am just the type of guy that hates to take anything to the dealer, be it a vehicle or a piece of electronic equipment, I save allot of people allot of money doing this kind of stuff and I can fix just about anything.
Could just need new clutch pads? if it's slipping when you tighten the nut?

[inline "New Picture (1).bmp"]
[signature]
You can only offer and I think that is very neighborly of you to do such good on ya. Later J
[signature]
thanks for the offer i appreciate it. ALSO WHY WOULD YOU REMOVE MY POST? where i live downriggers are part of fishing. i mean really is it that big of a deal?
[signature]