Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry (report)
Went fishing at strawberry with HA69 today from 8:00am-8:00pm. Started vertical jigging just past mud creek bay in 30'. Stayed there untill 3:00 and had landed over 20 fish. Then we went over to Jakes Bay and caught about 6 more jigging. At 6:30 we started trolling back to the marina and caught another 8 fish. Lost track of the amount of fish we caught but it was at least 35. Four or five where rainbows and the rest where cutts. Surface temp was 56 degrees.
[signature]
Had a great time , thanks Mike . By the time I got home , I felt like I was still fighting the waves in the boat when I stepped out of my truck .LOL Fishing will only get better at the Berry with all the nice cutts we caught and released .
[signature]
Ya that was some rough water from 12:00-6:30 it took a 20lb. and a 22lb. anchors to stop us from drifting. When I was getting ready to leave I was talking with some fisherman that said the wind blew them off the water and they where hoping for calmer water Sunday.

It was a great day of fishing but I was exhausted at the end of the day.
[signature]
thanks for the report guys. by the way thanks mgb for the boat ride as well at pineview. i look forward to another, but more successful trip next time.
[signature]

[Smile] Nice day up there.
just in the last couple of weeks I have been hearing good stories from the berry. I guess chicken creek is on fire with brown leech patterns.
what color jigs did the job.
[signature]
Hey HFT , We used lots of colors but white or chartreuse worked good . I fished 3" until Mgb was getting more hook ups on 2" jigs and I down size to 2" . I fished a bass crawfish jig on the bottom for a while and had lots of hits but no hook ups . I should of brought some flies to try but forgot to bring them .
[signature]
Great report MGB, sounds like the catching is picking up. Any size to the fish? WH2
[signature]
Most where around 16"-17" but a few where 18" and fat. The rainbows where small 8"-10" except 1 that was 16".

I caught the 16" rainbow and 4 cutts on a glow water cricket that I bought from Hooked Tackle. I used five different jiggs during the day three different shades of green,white and glow.
[signature]
MGB, my sons and I also fished the Berry on Saturday, from 9 AM to 7:30 PM. We fished the narrows, renegade and indian creek. We were also using jigs - speckled white and bright green. We caught a few in the narrows and the majority were caught between Renegade and Indian Creek. We were marking and catching fish at 25 to 30' and in the late afternoon on the surface. They were all cuts and the biggest was 23''. We released all of the 30+ fish that we caught. Thanks for your report, it's good to know what happened on other parts of the lake.

Life' a dream when I'm fishing![Smile]
[signature]
Some pics of the berry
[signature]
Nice pictures, it looks like the trout are starting to get some fall color and weight also. I looked at MGB's post to start this thread and noticed you guys were out there for 12 hours, wow that is a full day of fishing. WH2
[signature]
12 hours -- that's my kind of fishing trip.
[signature]