Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New rod and reel help
I have a budget of 200-300 dollars and i have looked at st croix, KVD, quantum, and others from the bass pro shop catalogs i ordered. Not planning to order from there jsut using for referance, and taking a 2-3hr trip to basspro shops after christmas Smile. Any ideas? remember i would rather only spend about 300 at max, but probably more around 150-250 around christmas time. ANY IDEAS HELP [fishin]
[signature]
Take a look at Okuma's C3 concept rod paired with the Okuma Trio reel. I have this setup and i love it for throwing my wacky rig. I spooled it with 8lb fluorocarbon line and it is now one of my fave setups. I really like Powell rods as well. Take a look at both of these and you will see that they will fit into your price range at about $220.00 for rod and reel.
[signature]
Thanks for the input and i forgot, i do alot of wacky rigging with a senko, soft plastic fishing, and jigs if that helps narrow down what pole and reels would be good.
[signature]
just a tip you dont have to spend 200 or even 300 dollers to get a good rod and a good reel!!! every one that owns a 2 300 doller rod and reel will say otherwise because they have to justify why they spent that much!!! well i just spent 60 bucks on a rod and reel its a pflueger and it is just as good if not better than say a st croix or a lamiglass ect!!! i had a lamiglass and well they cost way to much ive had much better for much less..... heck you can get a really nice setup for 100 bucks... just my input no need to spend to much...
[signature]
yea i agree i can get a good one for cheaper those were just max prices, left overs are either go to tackle or just gonna save it
[signature]