Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One more Gorge Report
Fishing South of Buckboard is still pretty good. The salmon are thick in the Breeze hill area, getting a little harder to catch, but still some silvers left. We fished Sat. morning caught 8 Salmon, 2 pup macs. and my first burbot trolling. The fish are still from 50 to 80 ft. deep over 100- 120 ft. of water. We fished mostly with Kokanee Creek spinners behind flashers, but tried squids and some new spoons, but the spinners were the best producers. Water now has lots of algae floating on top, but don't seem to affect the fishing much.
[signature]
Amazing that you got a burbot trolling. Atleast to me that doesnt bode well for the fishery. Glad you found some klate season kokes
[signature]
Shocked me too, He was at 75 ft, in 115 ft. of water, so along way from the bottom feeder I thought they were.
[signature]
Great report and pics Gary thanks for sharing. That is very surprising that a bot would be that far off the bottom, I guess he was feeding on small kokes?[:/] How long was it? Over 20" I would guess. I've got to contact Art about the pics he took last week of my red koke.
[signature]
I've caught them suspended pretty high ice fishing too.

I think the majority of them stay on the bottom because that is where the majority of their prey items are. But that doesn't mean there isn't food to be found mid water column for them. I have no clue what they are eating or doing but you'll see them suspended from time to time.

Something funny I noticed last year was that if you lost one on the way up from the bottom... just start jigging again (if you have a sonar it helps) and the fish will hit your lure again before trying to go back to the bottom.
[signature]
Nice catch I just got my kokes from a week ago out of the smoker and I forgot how good they are wish it wasn't so far away. Enjoyed your pics. J
[signature]
Didn't measure him, but guess around 22 or 23 in. Art came home yesterday.
[signature]