Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard 9-1
hit the north marina around 6pm and started seeing small boils along the north dike. not real big and did not last very long. as it got later the boils got bigger. we moved around quite a bit and threw several types of grubs and top water poppers. landed several nice wipers but couldnt seem to get them to stick around for very long. after the breeze starting blowing the boils seem to disappear. we dicided to try and hide behind the north dike to see if we could hide from the breeze. thats when the fun started. we caught quite a few more singles on top water poppers. we had several doulbles. it was way fun to watch those fish boil at the popper multiple times and miss before they would hook up. overall it was great night night. off the water by 910 with 15 wipers boated and quite a few more misses and lost fish. nice to see boils after several years of willard being dead. seen old coot out last night but did not got close enough to to say hi. hope to make it out again on monday and chase some more. we also had the go pro helmet cam going last night. way too much fun to come home and watch the water boil and than watch as you cast into the boiling water and hook up. that is one amazing little camera. i will see if I can figure out to post some video clips to show the action from last night.
Yet another nice one! Helmet cam? Would love to see some video action. That sounds cool. Been told you can even see the boils on the live-lake-view camera.
Poppers eh? Any particular colors, or are they in such a fever they're hitting anything?
So do you give it a fast retrieve, or slow dog-walking?

Thanks for the post. Here's hoping your work out the video thing. [Smile]
Load your video on You Tube and link it . That would be cool to see myself and Old coot where talking about doing that just the other night.
[signature]
Nice report, I'm looking forward to seeing your video as well. You can also up load your video to BFT at: http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/videos/add.cgi
then link it to this thread. Where did you get this helmet cam?
We were right there with you guys yesterday, it sure is amazing how fast those wipers will move when they get going. We barely had time to put the elect motor down and they would move on down the dike, I finally quite bringing it up and moved the boat with it down, that sure caused some splash[Wink].
[signature]
Helmet cam. I could see Tubedude using this lol.[Wink]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]No you cain't.[/#0000ff]
[signature]