Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
30lbs of Bear Lake Macks landed on Kokanee gear
Huh....maybe the best kept secret about Bear Lake is using Flaming George goodies for chasing kokanee!

My 3 year old landed the small (darker) 12.2 lber and my daughter landed this 18.2lb Mack today, both were landed using JJ Rods and Rocky Mountain Tackle gear.

Too bad Jared's stuff is most noted for kokanee salmon!!

We were going after cuts and landed over 30lbs of Macks! We also landed two cuts...., both over 7 lbs.

Great fun had by all!

[fishon]
[signature]
KokAddict[shocked]

Sounds like fun but whats the limit on Cutts and Lakers at Bear Lake?
[signature]
That's quite the haul. It is good to have pictures like that because at the rate people keep those macs, pictures like that will too soon be "the good old days".
[signature]
o my god wait till rdrmrmrn see s those pictures,what are u going to do with em.u do know they aint fit for eatin when they are that big dont u? would have been a great picture watching those little ones release em but to each his own.
[signature]
WOW!!! Nuff said by the last couple posts. Those are some nice old Macs heading for dinner table. Looks like the kids had a good day.
[signature]
oh man oh man oh man i cant help it! this thread has the potential to be EPIC!!!!

[Image: ibtl-2.jpg]
[signature]
Wow, those are some hogs! Usually the pics I see from Bear Lake are of much smaller fish than that. Nice job and those would be worth mounting for the kids.

2 cutts over 7lbs? Again, wow. No pics of those? I just want to see them, no reason to doubt you.

Nice catches.
[signature]
Cut the guy some slack the law says he can keep them so be it Its crazy how people share pics and stories on here and people jump all over them.
[signature]
Agreed....It's all about the next generation.
[signature]
No worries...pics worth a thousand or so they say. This one was table fare and was excellent this evening, the other was released...
[signature]
Actually they are quite good when taken care of properly and smoked which is the way we like them.
[signature]
Ha...very interesting response to the unusual comment.

This thread isn't actually wasn't about the fish, or the fact that my kids catch all the fish on the boat...but you make a good point and thumbs up to ya.

The main point of the thread was to laugh at myself for even trying kokanee gear at all on that lake and that it worked which I thought was the seriously funny part.

Oh well, to each his own.

Nite and tight lines!
[signature]
Thank you.....finally a post from Bear Lake!! I've been up 4-5 times and haven't been able to fish Bear Lake yet this year. Hopefully this Oct- Nov I can get out...I've had 10-15 pound range Laker's from BL and they taste fine to me. Thanks f or the tips on the tackle...looks like the kids had a great time!
[signature]
Nice fish! I'll have to try some koke gear next time I'm up there. Good on ya for taking the kids with. I feel releaved to know those macks were safely released into the smoker.[Wink]
[signature]
Great fish. I'll bet the kids had fun thats what it is all about. We are going to bear lake for the week can you give my some tips on how you caught them. How deep and what kind of lures.

Thanks and good fishing
[signature]
From the sounds of it....it appears you guys had a great outing at Bear Lake. Can't wait to try it out this year...kinda a long drive though. That fish is almost as big as the Smiles in the pictures....great catch guys. When dad and son are both all Smiles you know it was a great day. Thanks for your post.
[signature]
Responses and feedback like yours make it worth coming back to share another day.

Thank you!
[signature]
Holy cow those are big ones! I have never tasted Lakers before but one day I will get the chance. Maybe in a few months.

That cutt. sure looked tasty too! The Smiles in the pic of the cutt shows that the "great day feeling" lasted all the way home and then some! Glad to see you felt like posting up again as I already commented on your 70 pounds of trout.

Hah and we thought the cooler weight from Mantua was big yesterday. You put us to shame fish weight wise, way to go! Keep the posts coming man, your one heck of a fisherman in my opinion with valuble info too. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]