Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snake River/Ashton Area Regs question
I'm heading to Ashton later this week for a few days of fishing with my wife and kids. I was brushing up on the most recent Idaho regulations and want to make sure that I am understanding the rules correctly. I will be fishing west and east of the Highway 20 bridge. I think the rules state that upstream from the bridge, the limit is 2 trout, no cutts harvested, and they have to be over 16 inches. I'm not clear on what the regs are downstream from the Highway 20 bridge and whether or not it is artificial only. I'll be using lures and flies but my kids are more likely to want to bait fish and possibly keep one. Any help yall could provide would be great. I love fishing in Idaho and I want to make sure I keep the rules.
[signature]
They were going to be dumping water out of the Ashton res so they could do repairs on the dam...not sure what effect that has had on the river where you want to fish...maybe someone else can chime in...hate for you drive all that way and find nothing but a small stream flowing there.
[signature]
Well I have terrible timing. Just found an article online talking about the water being lowered for repairs on the dam. Looking at Google Maps, Ashton Reservoir is maybe a whopping 2 or 3 miles west of where I was planning on going. Well, I'm still heading to Ashton but maybe I need to find different water to flog. Any info that anyone here on the forum could provide would be great. thanks!
[signature]
I haven't been up in that area in a long time, so I don't have any recent good info on current conditions. But if the water is too high head up above to the area around the Warm River.
[signature]
I may go that direction as well. I just talked to a member of the Henrys Fork Foundation who has been up there guiding/fishing the past few weeks and says the flows east of the Hwy 20 bridge are just fine. Hopefully I'll get into a few good fish!
[signature]
was up to the dam yesterday it looks bad for the stretch below the dam water was very brown, and dirty. Looks to me like a lot of crap is washing out of the reservoir.
I was extremely bummed out, that section of river is my personal favorite.
[signature]