Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slayin Kokes at the Gorge
Had an awesome time at the gorge this weekend!! Managed to boat 4 species of fish. I just started fishing for kokanee this year and had only caught 1 (wasn't even big enough to fillet) until now. With helpful advice from a couple BFT members and alot of research, my wife and I managed to land 9 kokes just before the season ends. Also caught 3 bass, 1 mac, and a couple small bows. Got to the Gorge at 11pm fri and fished sat, sun, and monday morning. Sat. we ended up cruising around the lake and didnt get much fishing in. Sunday and monday we fished Jarvies from 8am to noon. The weather was perfect and the fish were hungry! All kokes were caught on RMT equipment in 55-80 ft of water. Our most successful combos were hyper plaid and watermelon dodgers with double glow pink squids tipped with berkley gulp maggots. BBQ'ed sundays catch at camp.... now I know why people love fishing them. Im gonna have to get myself a smoker next season. Anyway here are some pics. My wife caught the biggest one weighing in at 2.3 pounds.

P.S. Special thanks to BFT member RYNO for all the gorge advice!!
[signature]