Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Kid
How would it be to have a boat that you could roll up and stick in a trunk!

I might have missed it, but this has also got to weight less than 50 lbs for the two man version. like 23 lbs for one.

http://youtu.be/VeEX-EuTSmg

Sorry, it blows me aways, and the duck hunting and how fast this moves with fins is awesome.
[signature]
looks like a sweet ride.
[signature]
Nice video. I am not sure I would call it a pontoon though. To be honest I don't know what to call it but cool.
The one thing that sets it apart from other craft that "look" like it is the way the oarsman can use flippers. To me that is a VERY important for fishing. When I am in a regular boat now I can't stand how they are so UN agile.
Setting this up for a electric motor might be tough but doable. Setting it up for a fish finder and a couple of heavy duty rod holders for cats and sturgeon might be a challenge. I would like to test try one down the snake below Hagerman on a sturgeon trip. Ron
[signature]
very simple to add the electric motor with the motor mount dave has made
[signature]
Here is a video of the one man. Note around 3:30 to about 3:45 answers the motor question. Zach, My Husband and myself all have the motor mount.

http://youtu.be/c_aMjorXT1o

As much river as you do Ron, this thing is cool. CLOSED END PONTOON, or a raft.
[signature]
I see one in my garage in the near future! How much? Can you imagine how fast that thing would fly with the carbon fiber oars he sells?
[signature]
fishin_gal has the motor mount also for her renegade.

orvis, not before me ha! but actually ya probably before me, that thing would be a blast to run down the green.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Lookin' good...even to a die-hard tubaholic. A lot of good engineering there.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I'm sure I could find a way to fit it with some modular PVC stuff. Where there's a will there's a rod rack. The pocket rod holders are fine for fly rods but not for spinning or baitcast gear.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The big question I might have is how does it handle in a breeze? The very elliptical design which allows easy handling might make it catch the wind a bit more. That is a problem I have experienced with "true" raft designs...and with both pontoons and pontoon style tubes...like the Kennebec.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Somebody go buy one and take it out in the wind so we can get a first hand report.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I will make the request for a new You Tube, but I can't see it being any different than the Renegade. The foot print on the water is the same.
I don't have a problem with the wind and lord knows I experience it just about every trip. I do notice the difference between the closed end and the two separate pontoons as I have had both. The close end tracks straighter and less turning in the wind. And that is also comparing 12" pontoons to 15", so I say there is something to the design.

I am sure they will be at Cabela's soon, but there is a big sale here if it still applies:

http://www.portablekayaks.com/outlaw_assault
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Not gonna ditch my Fat Cat yet but when it comes replacement time I'll be codgertatin' on it.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
2 grand for the Assualt, i think 2800 for the XX, but on sale for 1800 for the one person, 1999 when its set up for 2 people. i literally just got back from the shop right now. wait until you see the new bag design! i pitched the idea last year and it looks like it came to fruition, they are awesome, no more hanging registration tage off your boat there is a sleeve made for them now!
[signature]
Right on, been waiting to see the bags, although I am totally set already. The bags I got with the Renegade have never been used. I just switch bags from boat to boat.
But for new comers, this is a great idea.
[signature]
zach .. you are describing like it was two different boats.. what I saw on the video was the assault xx.. I am Confused here... ??

it also said for 2013... are we waiting a year before it hits market at twice the price??

MacFly
[signature]
[quote macfly55]zach .. you are describing like it was two different boats.. what I saw on the video was the assault xx.. I am Confused here... ??

it also said for 2013... are we waiting a year before it hits market at twice the price??

MacFly[/quote]

ok here is what i got when i wemnt in. there are apparently 3 models. the Assault, the Assault XX, and the soon to be released Ultrlite Assualt. the ultralite weighs 8lbs and fits into a day pack, its awesome i picked it up with one hand. the Assualt XX (if you look on northforkoutdoors.com) can come in either a 1 or 2 person model depending on what you want. the ultralite is only a 1 person, looks just like the regualr Assault, but is deep purple in color and the material it is built with even feels different but still tough
[signature]
available now.. or next year?...
[signature]
he had one in there today so i would assume now
[signature]
thanks for the info...
[signature]
The Assault is 8'6" long, Isn't the Assault XX longer...in the vid. there are two inflatable floors on the XX, but only one on the one man. It is 38 lbs and 10' on the XX. Well balanced too.
Look at around 1 minute:

http://youtu.be/VeEX-EuTSmg
[signature]
Sweet! Makes even a hard core wader want a craft like that. I take it NFO has a showroom in Ogden to look at models.
[signature]
Absolutely!
[signature]