Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bafoonery
When to Willard last night and had "one of those days"..
I am sure it was just bad luck but here is how it went down. The boils on the south bank were far and few.
So I spent most of my time cruising on my bike. Headed down the South Bank towards the S. Marina and behold a nice boil. Out goes the popper......fish on! Boat guy comes rushing in and zoom out goes his jig. He cries fish on and my line goes slack for a second. Then our lures both come out of the water hooked together..[:/]
The dude then say he will untangle them and reels in my line and takes a good 10 minutes to do it. (guess he couldn't see to well.)
Man thats how it went for a good hour or so.
I caught 4 or 5 fishermen and zero fish.
Bad luck.
One thing though. There was some boils! Tonight Tonight![cool]
[signature]
Did you keep your limit of fisherman and stick stringers through their mouths? Lay em out on a city weekly on the course and take photos?? [Wink]

Seriously though, don't you hate it when that world class fight you're feeling turns into some doofus reeling as hard and fast as you?
[signature]
Nope it was CAR last night. Didn't want to put a dent in the fisherman population.[Wink]

It can be frustrating, but stuff happens. Some of it can be prevented with a little common sense. But at times that is a rare trait. Last night for the most part was a night with to few boils and to many fishermen.
[signature]
I also caught the skunk last night, fished the west side, the north side, and checked freeway bay, nodda noth'in. Didn't see one single boil, tried working some of the edges close to the rocks with different lures and couldn't make it happen. Next time! Gotta go back to work now so mabey next week.[fishin]
[signature]
Sounds rough man. That is combat fishing for sure. Maybe next time you will get your boil to produce some fish for you. I hope things go better in the future.
[signature]
yep all I can do is try again and hope for better luck.
Sometimes stuff happens.
More boils = better less crowded fishing.[cool]
[signature]
You should have gutted him.
[signature]
Your far more successful than I have been at Willard. My success ration is about 1 fish vs 8 trips. I'm like a sucker cuz I keep on going back. Amazing.

Hey, good idea about the bike bit.
[signature]