Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enough!
I am sure I don't speak for all of the members on here but I am confident I am speaking for the majority of the members. This constant bickering, ongoing attacks, and whom can top whom by posting the most gross picture has gotten old. The moderators have sat back and hoped that this situation would soon pass; however, that doesn't appear to be happening. This moderator has had enough and will take whatever action I feel necessary to correct the situation.
[signature]
Sounds Good, I will take the same action. We have been gathering a ton of good ideas on how to make the site better as far as formatting and such...so it will be a great, user friendly site in the future. The above noted problems are also something that need to be changed to make BFT a more user friendly site for everyone.
[signature]
Law and order K your the man!
[signature]
I'll take this opportunity to apologize for posting any inappropriate or non-fishing related pix I might have contributed. Don't mean to offend, especially as we do have "younger viewers" on board (or lurking). Sometimes the attempt at humor overtakes the sensibilities.

But I will agree - there seems to have been a rash of bickering, name-calling, and generally getting overly defensive.
Maybe folks ought to reread, or read for the first time - your sticky note:
[center][#4040ff][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/gforum.cgi?post=487125;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"] Reminder from the Moderators[/url]
[/#4040ff][/center]
Maybe if we try to keep in mind - it's supposed to be about fishing, and fishing is supposed to be fun!
(well, and frustrating sometimes! As Curt tells me - that's why they call if "fishing" not "catching".)

Hope the cute kitty pictures don't bother anyone. THAT's hard to resist sometimes. [sly]
[inline cat-fishing.jpg]
[inline funny-cat-picture-fishing-cats.jpg]
[inline FishingCat.jpg]
+1
[signature]
RE: "Hope the cute kitty pictures don't bother anyone."

Not so fast pal. The last kitty pic clearly shows that cat illegally planting a chub into Scofield reservoir. Stoopid bucket biologist cat.[mad]

Sorry Kent, [Wink] Couldn't resist, and keep up the good work.
[signature]
I have to disagree a bit. The soap opera drama is fun to watch. But if BFT is going to legislate that out there are plenty of other sites you can view the battles at. Bassrods has had some epic battles and he still posts from time to time.
[signature]
THANK YOU KENT !!!!

I think 1 rule should apply.

FFF

Fun Fishing Forum...

Just my 2 cents
[signature]
geez, cats!!??
Well I have to admit cats do have one good porpose.
Bait. Ha ha huh ha
[signature]
+1, thanks Ken!!!!
[signature]
I personally could not agree more. I was close myself to just leaving this site as it appeared to become a constant battle of bickering. Originally I only posted positive comments on others posts but after all the crap I kept getting from several members on here I felt enough was enough and if they felt like dissing me every time I posted than hey why not give them a little taste of their own medicine.

For that I do apologize and I will make sure to go back to the "positive only posting" from now on.

Glad the mods are willing to say all this as I know of several members that do not post on here anymore due to all the negative repsonses lately and in the past. It would be horrible to see people leave because after all the members on here all share the same passion for fishing and catching and want to know what is going on in Utah to make the best of their fishing experiences.

I encourage you to follow through on your cruSade Kentofnsl. Please make this a site one that everyone can enjoy. I promise to do my part of keeping things positive from now on.
[signature]
You can spank me 1st!

(Just kidding)
[signature]
+1 Thank you I sure enjoy reading how why and when people are catching fish without all the garbage thanks for saying something
[signature]
Thanks Kent. I too get tired of all the bickering going on. Now lets fish![fishin]
[signature]
[#502800][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Thanks Kent, that needed to be said.
[/size][/font][/#502800]
[signature]
+ 1
[signature]
+1
[signature]

Go for broke mods. BFT is a pretty high class site thanks to you guys. I admit I can get pretty "expressive" when my chain gets yanked but I sure won't yeowl about the mods gettin' me straight.
[signature]
thank you!! if interested like has been mentioned in the past there is the Rough and Rowdy forum here on BFT. just read how to get access. if you are really interested google "the gut pile" and look for the one that mentions UT
[signature]
+1
[signature]