Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40+ inch TIGERMUSKY-NEWTON 9/11/11
Newton let me play with one of it's giants/ 20+ lbs. . I have caught many 35-36" musky their in the last 4 years but sunday I caught a monster for Newton. This is the biggest fish I have caught there and doing lots of sight fishing I have not seen one bigger either. This was the second fish I caught of 3. This musky made the 35 inch first musky look small in comparison. The head was like a football and body really thick. I played him out and lipped him at the boat, no net for him. Kept him in the water till camera was ready, I did not tape or weigh him as not to cause any undue stress. My friend from work thought it was 4 feet long when I took it out of the water for pics.

[inline "35 inch Tiger-400.jpg"]

[inline "40+ inch Tiger-400.jpg"]

[inline "40+ inch Tiger-400 (2).jpg"] [inline Tigermusky.bmp]
[inline "40+ released unharmed.jpg"]
[signature]
Dude that thing is a beast, biggest muskie I have seen outta newton ever. My guess would be 45+. What a beast! Congrats I am headed up tom

Awesome 'ski
[signature]
thanks, zoom in on my lure, that is all I could get them to bite yesterday. I think I bought them at wallmart..... Here is a full size pic of the fish with lure in mouth... Just toss out and reel back like a spinner medium speed. I trolled the lake with the firetiger rapala and even a firetiger jointed rapala and no takers. Started catching after I stopped trolling and started throwing. Stay out and throw up to shore and reel back... Stay close to the shallow/drop-offs. All fish caught were in the drop off area. Small fish were on the banks in the shallows and musky were waiting at the drop-off. hope this helps... Go buy some of these jigs in that color and good luck.. This is a big pic so it will download slow probably.... but great detail.....
[signature]
Awesome catch. I have caught all of mine this summer out there on a fire tiger colored 3/8 oz spinner bait. That fish is huge!!
[signature]
Thanks, that first pic is your normal 35 inch, 12 lb musky for newton. I watched the big one bite my lure about 10' from the boat. It was awsome and I cant believe how big he was....
[signature]
Great Fish Don, nice pictures. With hunting season going I haven't had the boat on the water since the DAV event back in August, maybe this comming weekend.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Excellent.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Nice catch! That thing is a monster.
[signature]
Thanks guys, the water is really low so they are not hard to find. I saw a guy trolling the middle and having no luck. Lots of fish close to the banks at the drop off. Saw quite a few waiting in ambush...
[signature]
Wow beauty fish man. I have netted over 80 muskies the past 3 few years at newton and 38 inches is our best. Of course I have a tape measure mounted on the side of the boat for quick measuring. From the eye test that fish does look huge unless your friend is a midget[Smile]. We were catching 35-37 inchers three years ago so there ought to be a fair amount over 40 this year.
[signature]