Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big blue report 09-12-11
Cvfisher and I hit the big blue lake today. After all the reports of good success, I decided I better get up there and of course it helped when Tom had an open seat. Launched from Rainbow cove[:/], I think that is the name, a little after 7am and headed south. Within a few minutes I had the first fish on:
[inline curtsmack09-12-11.JPG]

a 32 incher.
Then for the rest of the day Tom showed me how to continue catching macks. This is one of five he brought to the net:
[inline CVfisher.jpg]

Rain showers were moving in so we called it a day around 4pm, just as the wind started kicking up. It was one of those fun days at BL where we had little to no wind for most of the day and the over cast skies make for a pleasant day. Thanks for the trip Tom, enjoyed meeting you and I think I have my mack fix for a while[cool].
WH2
[signature]
Thanks for keeping me company today Curt. The company was better than the fishing. It was a good opportunity to pick the brain of a longtime Utah fisherman today. I learned a bunch from you today and caught some fish to boot. Don't get much better than that.[cool]
[signature]
Way to go, fellas! Love those beautiful Macs.
[signature]
Nice job. Those are some nice looking fish! Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
You 2 look like brothers or something.[Wink]

Way to hook into macs again CvFisher! Sounds like a riot and a half. I wish it was not so far away for me to get there. Still for fish like that it sure is tempting to try to make it happen captin. Keep up the good work.
[signature]
Nice to see that the big blue is still producing! Tom at the rate you are catching these beasts its gonna be awful hard for you to go back to the Bluegill and Crappies. They just don't fight like those beasts....even though you probly lost a crappie at Cutler that was close to the size of that mack you are holding in the pic above[Wink]. Your reel was SMOKING when that fish took off....if only you coulda landed that one! Maybe next time you should put on the big gear when/if you go back to Cutler. Thanks for the report guys...if only I did not live 150 miles away from there!!!!
[signature]
Yeah - I can't stay away from Bear Lake right now. Headed back up Saturday with my boy.
[signature]
[quote CVfisher]Yeah - I can't stay away from Bear Lake right now. Headed back up Saturday with my boy.[/quote]

I can't blame you man....big fish so close to your home....if I could pick on trout like that near my house you'd never see me outside of SLC! Hopefully you will get that boy of yours hooked! If a big ass trout does not do it for him I don't know what will! Good luck up there!
[signature]
[quote EvilTyeDyeTwin]....even though you probly lost a crappie at Cutler that was close to the size of that mack you are holding in the pic above[Wink]. Your reel was SMOKING when that fish took off....if only you coulda landed that one! . . . [/quote]

Sounds like he hooked into a Monster Crappie like THIS (courtesy Roghet)

[inline "CRAPPY - 400.jpg"]

Nice report you guys. Glad you got a taker to your invite Tom - looking good with them lunkers Curt. Bet they did burn some reel. How long did it take to haul them babies from the deep?
I gotta give that puddle a try someday!

Wish I coulda been there. Maybe another time??? Sounds like you're booked up for Sat then. I'm expecting to be off after the Toothy Beasts that day!
I am gonna be going up at least a couple of times a week for the next six weeks or so. I would love to have you join me Coyote, although Curt says you are bad luck. I am picking up a second downrigger for my boat this week, so it will be easier pinpoint the depths for my guests on the boat. Lets put our heads together and come up with a day that will work for a trip after those minnows up there.[laugh]
[signature]

Me - bad luck? Hell - never hooked anyone in the lip at least. That's why he goes out with Wildcat for a workout!

If ya like little panfish, or spring cattin (carp?!) - I'll make it happen, but I told Curt as much - his "usual" catching turned into lots of just "fishing" - both at the Pig and Willard. Musta been me!
I expect to get skunked at Willard, HE expected to get us on Walleye. (now I had NOTHING to do with the motor problems [pirate])

At least I learned the things I usually try "should" work.

Gonna give Willard another shake down Thursday - before the weekend bunch takes over. Maybe this time!