Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Further research Walt Disney
Although this DVD set is mostly a giant advertisement for Disneyland and Disney World, this set is a must have for Disney fans and Disney research. Considering that for the price, you are getting 6 DVDs with about 6 hours worth of material. In those 6 hours, you get a lot of information that is valuable for study.
However, even though this set is great and has a lot of information, if you want deeper meat of study, you would want to get History Channel's Modern Marvels - Walt Disney World, DISNEYLAND RESORT: Imagineering the Magic, MAGIC KINGDOM: Imagineering the Magic, and the various Disney Treasures collections about Disneyland (i.e. Walt Disney Treasures - Disneyland USA, Walt Disney Treasures - Disneyland - Secrets, Stories & Magic, and Walt Disney Treasures - Your Host, Walt Disney). Sadly, the Disney Treasures sets are REALLY GREAT, but can be REALLY expensive. With all of that being said, this DVD set about the Disney Parks deserves to be among that collection.
My only complaint (not about this set in particular but about these specials in general) is that the other Disney Parks in Paris, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and eventually Shanghai are never discussed in these documentaries. I would really like an in depth study of those parks as well.
[signature]