Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dick's Sporting Goods
Did anyone make it to the Grand opening of the store in Layton? I received an advertisement in the mail, that was hard to pass up with $10 off coupon with $25 purchase. Ammo was 50% off for the first two days. That place was packed. I'm glad to see there is another sporting goods shore is the Northern part of the state, Cabela's is just too far, IMO, at least from the Ogden area.
WH2
[signature]
you know we just had a dicks open here in the pocatello area as well and I dont like it!! it is over priced to the max and there selection is so slim to none it is ridiculous.
they dont carry pistol's there ammo is very slim pickings they only carry your basics.. you want new fishing gear forget it they dont have anything walmart has a better selection than dick's does!! may just be our store here but ithey dont have anything..
[signature]
I thought their regular ammo seemed high but with that $10 off coupon and the sale price they had on a rod and reel combo, I got a good deal on this trip. They did not have a big tackle and ammo selection and most of the ammo on sale was gone by the time I got there. I was surprised that they already had some ice fishing gear out. They had more fishing and hunting gear than my local Walmart does but it seemed like more clothing and golf gear than most sporting goods stores have, that I have been to at least. This store is about the size of a Sportsman's Warehouse store.
[signature]
We went and took a walk through the place. Overall, I'm not that impressed... They crammed all they could in that place and don't really have a big selection of anything minus the Golfing/running/shoes/clothing etc... It's like another Sports Authority to me. Would've been a lot better if they would have taken the upstairs to and kicked Head over Heels or whatever it is out of there, and spread the Merchandise out as well as getting more selection. I am very please with the Dick's in the Gateway tho. We'll have to see what happens during the season changes. As of right now, I'll still probably be doing to Sportsmans for most of my fishing and hunting needs. The 5 Isles they have at Dick's compares to 1 Isle that Sportsmans has for fishing. And Sportsmans has around what... 10 Isles? *Thumbs Up* Not to mention I think Dick's is overprice on most all their stuff.
[signature]
5 yrs ago when i lived in slc and played fball for the U, one summer i ran the dicks fishing department. When i was there we had a great selection of rods reels and tackle. We had decent prices and would price match. I was there recently and damn the selection and quality of gear has dramatically dropped!

Like many have said its a bigger version of sports authority. Sure would be nice to have a bass pro to have more to choose from. The one nice thing about the new dicks is that we have one more place to shop, yes it might not have everything but it does offer something new
[signature]
Agreed, if they keep giving out discounts like this last one, I'll go back again. I guess we will see. I remember when sports authority first opened, they had similar prices and I went there several times but haven't been back in years.
[signature]
It is a glorified sports authority. I fist met Dicks sporting goods back in North Carolina in 2003. Not wholly impressed. Every now and then I can find something I need there. I preferred Galyans before they were bought out by Dicks. I would prefer seeing a bass pro go in a place like that then Dicks any time!
[signature]
a bass pro in brigham city/north ogden would be damn awesome. it would cover both of the spectrums north and south of UT
[signature]
Yes it would but there is a bass pro in vegas. The idea of one that far north would be good, but still a pain since it would be a longer drive for me similar to cabelas. Need something closer that I can get to more often without the flack of mamatrout getting in the way. [laugh] Make it centerville or farmington. Then it will be a little more central to the population.
[signature]