Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hooky
I just didn't feel like going to work today so I hit the water. Foggy and overcast most of the time.[blush]

Caught some live smelt and brought dead squid as back up. Still alittle red tide.[unimpressed] First hour was slow then a couple croakers then a small halibut and 1 nice bass. This sucker must of weighed 5 lbs. Pretty large for Huntington Harbor.[shocked]

I showed him to a Harbor Patrol boat cruising by then released him[Wink]

When I was trolling I caught some old line with an old lure on it. Looked like something for freshwater.

When I was putting my pontoon on my truck some guy fishing off the shore saw it and liked it so I gave it to him. He said it was a freshwater lure.

I forgot what he called it but he seemed to know.

Anyway gottta clean up now and pretend I am sick so wife won't find out[shocked]
[signature]
[cool] Hope you feel better there fishfather..........aaaaaaachooooo!!!!!! ha haha

even a bad day fishing beats a good day at work. Good job and it is good to get sick once in awhile. Especially if you are going to the fish doctor.
[signature]
[size 2]I hardly ever do that. Work is real slow so I said, " You know what, I am going fishing!"[/size]

[size 2] I told my work I needed the day off and away I went[cool][/size]
[signature]
[cool]I heard tell that there is an illness common to anglers. It is called fishing pox. Happens a lot when there is more to be accomplished on the water than at work.

I just used to call in with "eye problems". I simply could not see myself going to work on such a beautiful day for fishing.

Good report. Hope you did not adversely influence any of our straight arrow members who would not have considered taking off work to go fishing. (HA)
[signature]
[size 2]There's another one called Bass Bay Virus. I am inventing it right now.[/size]

[size 2] Symptoms:
[/size][size 2]Sunburned Skin
Fish Smell
Fish Scales appearing in different areas
Constant Smile[sly][/size]
[signature]
[cool] From a medical standpoint, I have been known to develpe intubeitis! That's where I get so swollen that it takes a donut to cure me. ha ha[laugh]
[signature]
i think next friday i will have a bad case of salmon-ill-a poisining .

that or a case of regular buck fever !
[signature]
[cool]Are the fish up in the rivers now? Any steelies yet or just salmon? Get those waders patched and hit the water. You have my permission. Go ahead and show it to anybody who challenges you.

By the way, I'll be unavailable to answer confirmation calls.

Good Luck
[signature]
salmon and steelies have been on the west side of the state for the last month , a month and a half for the u.p. . it's just starting on the east side .

the east side coho's are a lot smaller then there cousins on the west side . a lot fresher too , most of the kings i have seen are already pretty dark .

the pierheads are jamed and packed with hopefull fisherman , eating beans would be the only way to get some elbo room there ! i have stocked up on a supply of them .

as for the waders , they will become part of a scarecrow for the fall decorations , Sad to say . the material has started to rapidly break down .

i realised i hit my first birthday here on the boards a few days ago , i will get myself new ones for my gift ,

i will finally learn how to DRY fly fish , lol !
[signature]
[cool]Hey, LH, September was a first anniversary for both of us. I came in on Sept. 2 and you on the 22nd. But, you have almost twice as many posts as I do. So...is it because I am shy and introverted...or is it because you are naturally just chatty and friendly?

Motor-mouth (fingers) from the Motor State.

About the elbow room thing. Do you realize that if you had a float tube you could have plenty of elbow room? Wouldn't recommend eating too many beans though. When you are by yourself, wearing waders, you get the full benefit of your "food processing"...and there is no way to get upwind of yourself.
[signature]
[#ff0000]HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY " TUBEDUDE "[/#ff0000]

[#ff0000]YEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAA ![/#ff0000]

[#ff0000]DA' BIG #1 [/#ff0000]
[signature]
well in the lonehunters defence, It took me about 9 months to get him to join as a member. lol [sly] he had been a guest for the longest time...[blush]

a big happy BigFish day to both of you [Wink][cool]
[signature]
[size 2]Exactley why I do not where waders![blush] I have one of the only tubes that uses air propulsion[sly][/size]

[size 2] It also works as Shark Repellent[shocked][/size]
[signature]
[cool]An apple a day keeps the doctor away. A burrito a day keeps EVERYONE away...including sharks. Is that the idea?
[signature]
[size 2]When the poet wrote," Beans Beans the magical fruit" he really hit the nail on the head.[cool][/size]

[size 2] Not to gross everyone out but at my work in the morning it sounds like the Philharmonic tuning in the horn section!![shocked][sly][/size]

[size 2] And word to the wise;[/size]

[size 2] If you play hooky, make sure to take off you fishing license before going back to work[blush][/size]
[signature]
[cool][font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 6]BUSTED.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#400040][size 3]Hey, fishfather. You sure do a great job with the pics and icons for your signature. Where do you get that stuff?[/size][/#400040][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 6][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
[size 2]Thanks TD[blush] I just look around different fishing sites and save different pics[sly][/size]

[size 2]I have seen some really funny ones. Some are alittle PG-17 so I do not post them[unsure][/size]

[size 2]I just type in fishing and away I go on these sites[cool][/size]

[size 2] To get the animated ones to work can be a pain though[unsure][/size]
[signature]