Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berkley Nanofil "Unifilament" Line
Has anyone used this line yet? I think someone should test it out for me, and let me know. At $39 for 300 yd, it had better be good. (Of course that would be real cheap for fly line, so I guess it's relative.) The Berkley ads make it sound like the greatest thing since graphite rods, but I've heard it all before... If all the claims are accurate, it could be a pretty good thing.
[signature]
Me again, I broke down and shelled out the 39 smacks for the Nanofil, and got to try it out at Strawberry yesterday. It's the first time I've put anything but monofilament on a spinning reel, but I think I'm gonna like this stuff. There's absolutely no stretch, so you can feel everything that's going on. The line is white, which makes it very easy to see, and I always use a fluoro leader anyway. The diameter is very small, so I went with 10 pound (!), which is still very thin. It does cast like a dream just like they claim. It's very easy to handle since it has no tendency to coil or unravel from your reel. So far so good....[cool]
[signature]