Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9-18-11 Amy's first Lake Trout
Took my friend Amy up to the Gorge Sunday for her first Lake Trout outing. She boated 4 fish including this pretty respectable beast. What a great job she did especially considering we were dragging copper over a VERY up and down bottom. All fish were hooked at about the 120' depth range. We didn't weigh or measure the fish as it was pretty wore out after a 15-20 min. fight, and we wanted to get it back in the water as soon as possible. Great job Amy!!!
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report and pic. Way to go Amy that is such a nice color on that mack. If you had to guess, how long do you think it was?
WH2
[signature]
Wicked! She looks relieved! Maybe a little tired too?

Nice fish. Looks like it's got some battle scars from age.
Your welcome! It was all of 36" I'm sure, but probably under 40". As you can see by the picture Amy was about as wore out as the fish. It was very fun to watch.. :-))
[signature]
Gotta agree with Wiperhunter2...that is a beautiful mac! There is nothing quite like seeing a huge fish like that coming up to the surface...always exciting for sure. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Beautiful fish. Glad to have a photo like that on here once in a while. I Need to get my wife up there someday, to tackle something like that would be a true fantasy for her. [laugh]
[signature]