Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willow 9-24-2011....
Dad got the action today haha.... I must say ac plugs are the bomb!!! First time fishing the river and off a boat.. Beginners luck??? Dunno but the day played out like....

Troylee Wrote:Man what a day haha.... Didn't get on the boat till 9 drove down to the powerlines and the boat took a dump... Starter got stuck engaged and wouldn't fire back up... While waiting for a rescue I caught a 9" ac original lol.... I thought that was the big catch of the day... Didn't get to fish much with my 3 little ones and the wife wanting to sight see so after getting the new boat and being out for awhile I had a hour left.... Cruising back to the marina I dropped the line back out and putted around.... 20min left till I had to return it and bam!!!! Felt like a brick hit my line since I wasn't paying attention it almost ripped the pole from my hands... Not anything to brag about on this site but got a nice 7 pounder.... Biggest fish my kids have seen scared my youngest when she saw my pole haha..." we have been catching dinks off the shore at mead nothing longer than 12" or a pound or so". I think he went in some rocks because I swore I was snagged so the wife took the wheel started backing the boat up since I didn't want to lose my lure then it came free... Anyways nothing to brag about here like I said but it got me addicted!!!! I can't imagine those big pigs and what they feel like when they hammer it.. So all and all it was a fun day can't wait to go back and try for a decent 20 pounder or so.... This guy hit a 9" ac original trout pattern....
[Image: 46bc185a.jpg]
[signature]
Btw I normally don't keep fish this is the first in 20yrs.. My inlaws live across the street and my lady's dad said bring him one home so we did.... Normally I'm a c&r guy.., this guy only had one baby trout in his stomach I just got it cleaned out... Alot of guys on allans board and stating there finding eggs for one last spawn... A few of the boys over there nailed some monsters last sat night...7 iirc 9 pounds to 25 all caught before midnight... Smile
[signature]
way to go man!!! thats a good lookin fish right there!! just a taste of whats to come. there is a 20+ with your name on it out there. and a 30+ with my name on it [Wink] LOL nice job on the a.c. plug catch too +$20 in your wallet. the last time I was at lake mead I caught the 6" castiac swim bait that I lost 2 weeks prior LOL. nice work out there though!! now go get a bigger one!!! LOL[fishon]
[signature]
Nice man! You probably got wrapped up in one of the trees that are down there. Good job on getting him out.
[signature]
Yup your exactly right whiz.... The river boys that catch monsters weekly said the same thing... That was a trip I swear he grabbed it and hid in a tree I never felt a jolt like that on a fishing pole it was insane!!! I thought for sure I snagged on a rock or something I mean were cruising at 2 or 3 mph and it basically stopped the boat.... I threw it in reverse since I was driving with one hand and my other hand holding the pole jumped up the wife sat down, we started backing up then it came free and I was like awe man I got some seaweed because there was no no fight... After getting half my line in is when it took off and I knew game on my line was swimming.... It was a close call I got him to the boat did a couple violent thrashes kept up on the slack grabbed the net got it under him and the lure fell out!!!"shew" that was a close one... Really hoping I get this job at the bellagio I should have a interview this week.... I have the money for a boat but my job is so unstable ATM I can't blow it I need to save it for bills... Arrrr like right now I'm sitting at home they said don't come in today... Bs!!! Been there 18yrs and I get screwed around 3 days a week etc.... Hahahahahsh.... It's killing me I wanna boat bad!!!
[signature]
[cool]I got to get out there again. My buddy sent over some pics of his friend that got five big stripers this past weekend from willow. They were all doubledigit. Good work on the striper.
[signature]