Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beaver River
Baby wanted to see her Mom so off to Minnersville we went. After visiting Mom-In-Law for a while, I grabbed the fly rod and headed to the river. Entered the river bout 1/2 a mile downstream of the fairgrounds. Had some new Renegade's to try out, tied one one on and made my first cast and hooked up right away. Short fight and the 10 inch rainbow was mine. Wow! Pretty excited I was. Made another cast with pretty much the same results. Got no more hits in that hole so I moved upstream to another hole. Then the rain came and everything shut down. I fished every hole all the way to the diversion dam with no more takers. Moved to the pond behind the dam and the sun came back out. Had no more takers on the renegade so I put on a Yellow Humpy and it was back on again. Pretty steady for 30 minutes or so, then it was off again.
I very seldom keep fish, but I kept a few of these for my Mom -In-Law.
Was a great outing/[Smile]
Pa
[signature]
Nice job there Pa.
[signature]
Right on man. I love the areas around beaver. They are pretty unique (to me, at least).
No browns eh?
[signature]
Great looking fish! Sounds like it was a fun outing in spite of the weather. Both the Humpy and the Renegade are good "go to" flies, and they went well with the fish there. Way to put the hurt on them!
[signature]