Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mojo or no?
What's your guys opinions on using Mojos? Seems like they used to work better but lately I've found ducks will key in off a few goose floaters better than a spinning wing.
[signature]
I don't use mojo's except in these conditions.

Blue bird days middle of the season
Late season over the top of a couple decoys sitting in an ice hole.

Your observation is correct and they shy away from them more than they are attracted to them any more. I was amazed how well they worked when they first came out and they still work on late season new migrant ducks that don't know the area all that well. So pull the Mojo'sif you want these local ducks to drop in to your set up early season.
Good luck this weekend bud.
[signature]
I still use my mojo everytime and I have ducks in the decoys everytime.
The thing is you have to pay attention to wear the ducks are landing based on the mojo. If the duck shy away from the mojo just move it further up wind. If the are trying to dive bomb it move it to the center of you spread.

The best key to drawing more ducks is moving water. If the water is smooth a shaker in the water is better than a mojo. But both is bettern than a shaker alone.

The next best is to SHUT-UP. If the ducks arn't calling you should not be either. I hardly ever call and the ducks can't stay out of the decoys. I can't count the times I have had ducks working with only a few soft quacks and had a distant hunter start to scream on his call and the ducks leave the area. Just give the birds back what they are giving you.

Last years opener I don't think I called a dozen times and I was able to pick and choose the birds I killed. While people hunting near me could not get a duck to respond to their "HAIL" calls.
[signature]