Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lake mead 10/03/11
[cool]Just got back from mead. Started tubing south of 33 hole at gray light and began catching the usual suspects again; small lmb and dink stripers. After 15 small guys kicked to another cove in hopes of larger models. Tossed the rattletrap for a bit and caught a 12" lmb that spits out a 3" shad when I net him.More small guys. Finally connected to a nice smallie on the trap. A little while later a small lmb hits my grub,spits it and a 2lb striper grabs it! Then the thunder and lightning go off and the clouds open up. I stay next to an island for 40 minutes till it passes. Start a slow kick back and see small boils. I'm able to get two more 2lb stripers from separate boils. Now the wind comes and I speed back and up the hill before the next downpour. Only one fish pic but it is for the contest.
[signature]
Where's the fish??? Haha.. Sounds like you had a blast man I'm getting out there in the next day or 2...
[signature]
[cool]Use light gear close to the flooded brush. You'll have fun with the small(8"-10") bass.
[signature]
Lol.. Thanks for the tip.. I was talking about a picture of the catch.. Your picture is just a nice rain shot..
[signature]
There is a new sticky thread at the top for you guys.
[signature]