Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farmington afternoon
headed out to our spot this afternoon....pretty slow. Got into a few birds, nothing amazing except this gaddy drake. [inline downsized_1011111644.jpg]One funny thing happened though, but first you have to understand that my two buddies and I are all veteran waterfowlers and pretty dang good shots if I do say so myself, we don't usually miss good opportunities. We were calling at a group of five teal that swung on our dekes, swung again and then set up. At 15 yards we called the shot and stood up. BANG BANG BANG nine shots go off and five teal fly away with every feather they had before and we just stood there looking at each other. What just happened?? Epic whiff! Couldn't believe it but it really happened and we couldn't stop laughing about it all night! We need some cold windy weather to get here quick, this warm weather has me getting soft!
[signature]
That's a sweet drake man! The picture you sent to my phone did it no justice.

And the whiff! Been there done that. LOL! It happens and all you can do is laugh. Smile The saying is not true that if you throw enough lead at them there bound to run into it.

Sounds like a fun time. thanks for posting up, glad someone is out enjoying themselves Smile

fnf[cool]
[signature]
Talked to Rich the game warden out there (really nice guy), he said we did much better with our seven birds than anyone else that day. However, he said last week there were only a few thousand birds on unit one but by saturday there were over 30,000 birds on it. There's still lots of water out there but there's definitely not a lack of birds out there.
[signature]
[quote fish_or_die]We need some cold windy weather to get here quick, this warm weather has me getting soft![/quote]

and I thought that's what cold weather does... (slap)
Ask BigLouie on the Nevada board. He knows all about it!

That widdle duckwing looks so cute sweeping on your pack.
So do I need to slap on some hunter orange if I go floating the marsh now that Daffey season is on?
Might make me look like a sexy Elk-Hunter! haha.
[quote CoyoteSpinner][quote fish_or_die]We need some cold windy weather to get here quick, this warm weather has me getting soft![/quote]

and I thought that's what cold weather does... (slap)
Ask BigLouie on the Nevada board. He knows all about it!

That widdle duckwing looks so cute sweeping on your pack.
So do I need to slap on some hunter orange if I go floating the marsh now that Daffey season is on?
Might make me look like a sexy Elk-Hunter! haha.[/quote]

[Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif]
I would LOL! If I saw you out there with hunter orange on!!
[signature]