Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a toothy grin at UL
I found me a willing walleye that wanted to play. I caught it in 3 feet of water, it took a rapala we also managed 7 white bass that took cranks and jigs no Kittys for me either.
[signature]
Nice catch, the walleye look really healthy.
[signature]
That's what I'm talking about! Funny to think that one walleye caught is a good day on the lake[Smile] I'm sure there are some walleye tanglers that would think that's an awful day of fishing because they've dialed in their skills so much. I do believe there are some people that target walleye regularly and catch them regularly, we'll let me re phrase, I know there are, but it's not me.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Every walleye extracted from Utah Lake is hard earned and worthy of gloating.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Yeah, there are a lot of self-proclaimed walleye experts who chase those beasts around the lake. But anybody who claims to be able to catch them on every trip...or in significant numbers...will lie about other things too.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I still say there are more walleyes caught by accident than by those who are fishing for them. The best way to get walleyes is just to keep fishing for white bass, largemouths or even catfish and to use stuff that walleye will bite. If they wander by and get suicidal they will chomp it. But the best way to get skunked on Utah Lake is to focus strictly on walleyes. If you get lucky you might catch an occasional white bass or catfish.[/#0000ff]
[signature]