Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the difference?
Just wondering what the main difference is between the Outcast tubes. More specifically, what is the difference between the ..........
Super FatCat
FatCat
Trinity
Fishcat
Just wondering if one outranks the other in size, comfort etc. Can't seem to find a lot of detail. I undestand the Super FC has inflatable seats and I'm not sure if that is something I need for an extra $50.
Want to buy a really nice tube that rides high in the water,
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Boz [fishin]
[signature]
Trinity:

Inflated Size: 41" x 54"
Tube Diameter: 13"
Fabric: 420 UCN
Material Weight:
AireCell Material: UCN
Seam Construction: Welded
Warranty: 5
Valve Type: 4-Tube Summit
Weight: 7 lbs.
Load Capacity: 300 lbs.

Super Fat Cat:

Inflated Size: 45" x 64"
Fabric: 420 PC/500 PVC
Material Weight: 28 oz/sq. yd.
AireCell Material: Urethane
Seam Construction: Sewn
Valve Type: 1-Summit/2-Tube Summit
Weight: 12 lbs.

Fish Cat

Inflated Size: 44" x 54"
Tube Diameter: 12"
AireCell Material: Vinyl
Valve Type: 2-Boston
Weight: 14 lbs.
Load Capacity: 250 lbs.

Fish Cat Deluxe

Inflated Size: 44" x 54"
Tube Diameter: 12"
AireCell Material: Vinyl
Valve Type: 2-Boston/2-Tube Summit
Weight: 14 lbs.
Load Capacity: 250 lbs.

Fat Cat

Inflated Size: 45" x 64"
Valve Type: 1-Summit
Weight: 12 lbs.

There is also the Prowler The BIG boy.

Inflated Size: 50" x 64"
Tube Diameter: 13.5"
Fabric: 600 PC/500 PVC
Material Weight: 28 oz/sq.yd.
Valve Type: 3-Summit
Weight: 16 lbs.
Load Capacity: 325 lbs.
Anchor System: Optional
[signature]
FG covered it all, but I'd add one comment about a foam vs air seat. If you want to carefully fold up, roll or otherwise package up your tube deflated then the inflated seat will offer you more then the foam seat.
[signature]
Air filled seat won't compress either. I had an older SFC with the foam seat and it started curving. I had to keep turning it over, and eventually adding plexiglass to the back rest. Never had that problem with inflatable.
[signature]
Well the idea is you let the air out... Wink
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Goddess has covered the specs well. Let me add some esthetics and practicality.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]First of all, the Trinity is a lightweight model designed mostly for backpacking. Good craft but the materials are not as sturdy as the cats.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Fish Cats are smaller. But good for folks well under 200 pounds in weight. They have a short "nose", smaller pockets and two air chambers with valves that can be problematic. The deluxe model has the inflated seats.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Fat Cats are significantly larger than the Fish Cats and should be the only model you consider if you are of any size and/or plan to carry a lot of gear. Pockets are bigger and much more floatation.[/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]I have had both the foam seats and inflated seats. Inflated allows a wider range of comfort adjustments and arguably can be worth the added investment. But, anything inflated also has the risk potential of developing leaks. I had one of the earlier models that I had to keep fixing small pinhole leaks around the seams after almost every trip. New models are a different design and I have not heard of those problems.[/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]As mentioned, the foam seats cannot be deflated for tight roll up and storage or transportation. But if you have a large enough vehicle you can carry any of them mostly inflated inside...ready to rumble when you hit the water. Just don't transport fully inflated craft inside a hot car...or outside in the hot sun. Better to leave partially deflated and then top off at the water.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Wow,......... Thanks to everyone for the quick responses! FG - thanks for the detail on each one -
Used to spend a lot of time outdoors and got into tubin' last year with a budget model just to test the waters. Now that I know how enjoyable it is it's time to upgrade.
Spent a good number of years doing the "Corporate America" thing and now I'm getting back into doing the "me" thing.
I'm back fishing - setting up a studio room in the house to get back into music and next on the list, is to set aside a room to open things up for natural light so I can get out the canvas and brushes and do some painting once again.
Thanks everyone!
Boz
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Good luck with the "downshift" in lifestyles. If you earned it...enjoy it.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I spent a lot of years on the road and in the air trying to build a better life...getting all hung up in the lesser important things. But when the kids started calling me "Uncle Daddy" I put on the brakes and got more serious about less serious things...like fishing. My kids and I both benefitted from that.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Glad you like the tubing thing. As you progress you will likely find you like it even more. It is a great way to become one with nature and to enjoy just being on the water...and even catching a fish once in a while too.[/#0000ff]
[signature]