Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A week of Bass, Bows, Browns, Bonneville/Bear Cutts!
Sandy Pond (10/3-10/8) Spent too much time harassing rainbow trout. Silver spinners and lures worked very well.

Jordan River (10/8)- My twin (EvilTyeDye) went to the sandy pond to get some quick (2) Rainbows and then headed out to his spot on the Jordan River. Using a white mini strike king spinner bait he caught 3 White Bass just before dark.

Little Dell (10/9)- Went to Little Dell from 4pm to 7:35pm. My twin caught a beautiful 20 inch boneville Cutt within 3 casts on a copper black bleeder original rapala size F-5. I left and searched the beaver ponds for brokies and only got a followers and 1 bite using a black and orange roostertail spinner. I came back to the lake around 5pm and we walked the shoreline till we found a good spot. I caught 7 cutts and my twin got 1 more cutt. The most successful lure was a Gold Kastmaster. My buddy had neither of these lures and got skunked. All the fish were between 15 and 20 inches long.
My Twin's 1st Boneville Cutt at 20 inches long. Another off the bucket list.
[Image: 754056.JPG]
My Cutthroat Trout
[Image: 754057.JPG]
[Image: 754058.JPG]
[Image: 754059.JPG]
[Image: 754060.JPG]

Big Cottonwood (10/10)- My twin (EvilTyeDye) went up to big cotttonwood Canyon's silver lake. After spending an hour getting skunked he decided to hit the bcc river. Using a combination of a silver bladed black/grey body Roostertail spinner and a Blue Fox gold size 0 spinner (both baitless) he got 6 Brown Trout and lost 7 on the retrieve in. 4 of the fish were released and 2 were taken home for dinner.
[Image: 753395.JPG]
[Image: 753401.JPG]
[Image: 753399.JPG]
[Image: 753391.JPG]

Big Cottonwood (10/13)- My twin got up to BCC within a half hour before dark to see if he could get some fish. Hitting around 5 holes he managed 3 Brown Trout and one of which was a skinny 16 inches. All fish were caught and released using a Gold Blue Fox size 0 baitless. Sorry no time for a camera on that outing.
[signature]
Is that first picture the 20" Bonnie from Little Dell?
[signature]

[quote flygoddess]Is that first picture the 20" Bonnie from Little Dell?
[/quote]

Yep sure is. My twin got the biggest fish of the week! I have heard from others that there are some real hogs in there that exceed that skinny trout.
[signature]
It is a little snakie. Looks like a river trout. The Cutts in there are protected though. C&R only.
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]It is a little snakie. Looks like a river trout. The Cutts in there are protected though. C&R only.[/quote]

It was caught in the inlet. It was the only fish outta there and I think that the fact it fought terrible (logs are more fun for a fight) and was skinny as could be shows it wasn't exactly in prime shape.

C&R is true, I didn't get to take anything home that night.[frown]

It makes me wonder (not challenge) are the both species of cutts protected cuz not everyone can tell the difference between the 2 species (bears and bonneville's) or is there a chub like invasion? I know the DWR loves their bonnies.
[signature]
You can only keep four Brookies, all cutts are catch and release. Can't go in the water without waders either. Drinking water.

Nice collection there by the way.
[signature]
Are u s ing me flygodess where does it say in the procs
u need waders?
[signature]
[quote kokonee]Are u s ing me flygodess where does it say in the procs
u need waders?[/quote]

Fishing

Fishing is allowed on Little Dell Reservoir in accordance with the current fishing proclamation issued by the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources . Please clean and dispose of fish waste outside the canyon to protect the water supply and keep the area clean for others.

Anglers must wear clean waders while in the stream or lake. Fishing from a float tube is allowed with a dry suit or rubber waders (wet suits is not allowed). All Cutthroat Trout must be immediately released Artificial flies & lures only Brook Trout limit is 4 NO CLEANING FISH ON SITE or anywhere in the protected watershed canyon The Little Dell Reservoir site is within the Parley's Canyon protected watershed area and falls under the guidelines and restrictions of the Salt Lake City Chapter 17.04 Watershed Ordinance. A violation of any of these restrictions is a Class B Misdemeanor. Penalties are up to $1,800 and/or jail. Please help us keep the water supply clean by observing the watershed regulations!

Questions concerning the recreation area or reservations, please call Watershed Management at (801) 483-6705.
[signature]