Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Afternoon at Sunny Strawberry 10-14
I only had to work a half day today, so a friend and I went up to Strawberry.

We drove up via the Sheep Creek Road on SR 6 in Utah County. The road was pretty busy with elk hunters, and it was a bit washboarded. Arrived at Strawberry / Indian Creek about 1 PM. Parking lot had about 20 vehicles parked in it.

We launched at Renegade and started fishing. Both of us were throwing jigs. White jigs and pink jigs seemed to bring the most action for us. We stayed till about 5:30. We both had things we had to be back for, otherwise we would have stayed till dark. Fishing was really fast when we had to leave.

We caught 56 between the two of us. Nothing big, just the typical catch of mostly cutts and occasional rainbow.

Talked to another angler that was pulling out his boat the same time we were pulling ours. He and his son had similar success, they caught @30. They had been trolling rapalas and pointers, it looked like.

Good times..... well worth the trip up there!
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Strawberry in October is always a blast.
[signature]
I was up to Strawberry yesterday also, we were fishing the Soldier Creek side. I was fishing with Petty4life , we had some trolling motor problems so we decided to troll using my Main motor. Not my favorite thing to do , but all we had. Still after all of that we managed to boat a mixed bag of Cutthrout, Rainbows and a couple of nice Kokes. 15 fish in all, not a bad finish to a lousey start. Thanks for a good day on the water Jason.
[signature]
RE " Strawberry in October is always a blast."

+1!
So when are we going?
[signature]