Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chukar hunting
I am wondering if anyone is willing to tell me where I might be able to find a chukar I've hunted the cedar mountains in passed yeas had some success but in more recent years they are few and far between any help would be appreciated by me and my dogs thanks
[signature]
I can't really help you with the chukars, but on my deer hunt I saw more grouse than I have ever saw. There is also a pretty good number of huns in the same area.
[signature]
West mountain (south of Utah lake) has many chukars. Only problems are chukar are almost always found on not the most enjoyable hiking ground as you already probably know, and this is one of the largest, steep places I have ever hunted them. Next problem, these birds get smart quickly. You can shoot at a decency number on opening day, but within a few weeks these little devils are flushing 50-80 yards out... And getting out of there in a hurry.
Good luck on your search.
[signature]
lot's and lot's of chuckers all over the hill's down by nine mile res.. and the west hill's in sandpet county..
[signature]
Really! That's some good info Ron thanks. Should be down that way in a few weeks I will bring the shotgun and the fishing pole.Is North of ninemile all private?
[signature]
well most the guy's i know hunt the hill east of nine mile.. all the hills west of gunnison res.. and devil's kitchen area east of yuba.. there is a lot of private areas around there but a lot of BLM too check before ya go..[sly]
[signature]
Thanks for the info I'll have to make some time to make it down there!!!
[signature]