Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magic Reservoir
Made it to Magic today. My wife was going shopping all day and my two boys that are still at home were working in the Corn Maze until 4:00. Did my chores last night and called a friend to see if he wanted to go as well. Although I went to Henry's Lake last week, the weather this week was calling me to hit Magic. 70 degrees and hardly any wind, that means Magic should be good. Those fish fight hard!!! I did not catch anything under 16" and the biggest, that wrapped itself around a sunken cable before it snapped the line, looked to be around 22" both times it shot out of the water before it found the cable. In all I caught 10 and missed quite a few others. Both those trout fight a lot harder than the same sized cutthroats at Henry's Lake. We caught them on Stayners and light brown crystal woolllys. Every fish was over 2 lbs. and made the reel sing. It was a great day. We had to get off the water at 1:00. I had to pick the boys up at 4:00.
[signature]
Thanks for the report! I was just thinking I needed to make a trip to magic this week. Do you mind me asking about specifics? Location, depth? Any info is much appreciated. Those fish do fight hard, and it's especially fun when they take to the air!

Cole
[signature]
We were in 10 to 22 feet of water. Most were taken in about 10 to15 feet of water. The water temp was 57 degrees. I am still waiting for one over 5 lbs. These 2.5 pounders are fun, but I still want one that is bigger. I bet everybody says that. The best today was watching a bank fisherman. He hooked a nice one and while he was reeling that one in his other pole started dancing. He had two poles in hand trying to land both fish. We all had a good laugh out of his heroics. He was using orange powerbait.
[signature]
Glad you got out. Your right the cutts at Henrys are not the greatest fighters, but a big hybrid is unreal. ( I didn't get any today [frown]) . I also like the big Henrys Brookies that dive for the bottom. Its funny how every fish does their thing a little different.

Windriver
[signature]
Got to agree that Magic is fishing just about as good as it gets right now. I took out my raft but noticed that the bank anglers were doing about as well with bait as I was when I was out trolling. The fish are very healthy looking and in great shape. There is a fair amount of algae still floating around in the reservoir but there's lots of water this year and I'm sure that the algae will start to disappear as we reach the end of the month. I have to agree with the other poster, the fish at Magic do give you quite a battle. I didn't get any at 5 lbs this trip either but you know that there are definitely fish in there like that.
[signature]